• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing on I-15

bmeldrum

imported post

So I'm coming home from Springville yesterday, driving my suv have my two kids in the back, we get around the S curves in Provo & coming upon the University Ave exit when we get a flat tire. I'm pretty sure we ran over a nail or something (going to Discount today those new tires only have like 5,000miles still under warranty).

So I'm pulled over on the side of the rd, no cell phone and changing this tire (all the while oc'ing my XD with cars driving by) this nice good samaritan stops and assists me & gives me a jump because it wouldn't start afterwards (gotta get a new battery). He looks down and says that a .40? I say yes it is, he says I had my permit but let it laps but I'm going to renew, nowadays everybody should be carrying! I said I couldn't agree more & thanked him.

I just thought it was great me walking around my vehicle, changing a tire with my XD hanging out, wonder how many people called dispatch, i can see it now:"there's a man with a gun changing a flattire on I-15"