Thread: Saying Hello to NC

Post imported post

Been on the forum for about a week now. Recently received my purchasing permit, and bought a Glock 17 9mm with Nightsights from a gunshow at the fairgrounds in Raleigh.

I also purchased a Blackhawk holster with belt loop, and paddle mounts.

This recent purchase brought me to bring the topic of OC'ing on another forum that I'm a member of, (who alot have their CCW) The results were suprising to me, as they are quite a bit different than responses on here.

I'm not asking anybody to join up over there and put their .02 in, but figured it would be interesting reading material.
    http://www.ncsportbikes.com/forums/v...16&start=0

Either way, my main point was to introduce myself. My name is Russell, 22 years old, graduated from Campbell University recently, and live in Dunn.

Hola

Post imported post

Welcome, I recommend doing a lot of reading in the main forums here and take in as much information as you can.

If you like driving/riding, then we have monthly OC dinners here in the Raleigh area.

We can't read that thread unless we create an account.

Post imported post

Somehow OC, which is a constitutional right upheld by the NC Supreme Court, is going to be the downfall of CC, which is a privilage you earn from the state Per the State Constitution. I would hate it if my right were to interfere with their priviledge. But that does not mean I'm giving it up now. I'm enjoying not having to ask permission. Though I am waiting on my CCP as well.

Another thought, bikers with OC guns. No negative stereotypes there to be played out. I would look at it differently now, but 6 mths ago it would have freaked me out more. It's about education. Nice guy on the bike with a gun would be quite the educational experience for some. Read up and go for it. Most folks don't even notice it!

Post imported post

Not planning on OC'n while on the bike. I actually don't really ride my bike on the street much at all. I road race on tracks and such.

Its interesting everytime you mention OC to someone who is into guns, they seem to look down upon it and say...."Just get your CCW"

Post imported post

My worse experience with OC was a discussion in a pawn/gun shop. Of course I was not OC'ing at the time. Came back later OC'ing to pick up some ammo and got treated quite nicely. Funny how that works out sometimes. My CCP is to appease my wife, I OC when I am out and about by myself though. You can usually count on

OC v CC

Black gun V Rifle

Assault weapon v Semi Auto

The way I see it now, fight for it all or be ready to let it all go. That is exactly why I OC. I'm willing to stop and talk to someone to try to educate them about OC. I would prefer not to hide it to not draw that attention.