Thread: Howell here

Post imported post

Hello from Howell

My name is Jason and for now I'm just trying to educate myself more to OC. I may not OC yet, I do however support the cause.

Good Luck

Post imported post

Thanks Jason, and welcome to the site! If you don't mind, please put your location, city and state in your profile, click on the my account button, top right of the screen. Helps us with our numbers

Read up, drink deep, ask lots of questions, and if you feel absolutely necessary to do so, use the search function!

Post imported post

ok done. Thanks for the welcome. I will definitely be doing some reading!

Post imported post

Welcome!! Read the wash rinse repeat thread untill you can repeat it backwards.... just don't use it backwards:celebrate
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Welcome to the site Jason.

Are you affiliated with MiCPL?

There is a person who is that is registered under that name over at michigangunowners.

Post imported post

yes sir I am.I have the same namealso over on MGO.

Thanks for asking, I have to say that this MOC forum is full of knowledge for me to soak up. I think im going to enjoy it here.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Welcome to the group MiCPL. Hope to see you at a future event! Remember you don't have to OC at an event if you don't want to. Just come check it out.

Post imported post

MiCPL wrote:

Thanks for asking, I have to say that this MOC forum is full of knowledge for me to soak up. I think im going to enjoy it here.
    Glad to have you hear, and looking forward to your contribution.

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    Welcome!! Read the wash rinse repeat thread untill you can repeat it backwards.... just don't use it backwards:celebrate
    Haha, that would not be good...

Welcome to OCDO, MiCPL!
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Laingsburg, for the time right now., Michigan, USA

Post imported post

MiCPL wrote:

i know the feeling. im a noob also and i have read so much info that im like an oversaturated lawn with nowhere for the info to go.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

MiCPL wrote:
    Hello from Howell

My name is Jason and for now I'm just trying to educate myself more to OC. I may not OC yet, I do however support the cause.

Good Luck
    Welcome, Jason! Good to see you here! (I took your CPL Class, and have the same name on MGO).

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    MiCPL wrote:
    Hello from Howell

Good Luck
    Welcome, Jason! Good to see you here! (I took your CPL Class, and have the same name on MGO).
    Thanks zig,

I hope you enjoyed the class. Now the student has become the teacher, I will have lots of questions for ya.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

MiCPL wrote:
    zigziggityzoo wrote:
    MiCPL wrote:
    Hello from Howell

Good Luck
    Thanks zig,

I hope you enjoyed the class. Now the student has become the teacher, I will have lots of questions for ya.
    Don't worry, I'm well prepared for them, answers in hand.

For everyone else, I highly recommend the MiCPL.net class. They're a great group of guys, very knowledgeable, and didn't go off telling the class that OC or "printing" is illegal. ( ) They didn't "advocate" it, but that's not what a concealed carry class is for, now is it?

Anyway, I really enjoyed the class, got to shoot at the howell indoor range (winter class), and enjoyed it. Hope to convince my wife to go to hers soon...

They've also got their FFL, and have done a transfer for me already.

So that's my testimonial. Good guys, very much 2A advocates (and the cop among them ain't half bad either :P )!

Post imported post

aw shucks,

Thank-you for the plug. Ill be getting ahold of ya shortly.

Post imported post

I'd like to see how OCing in Howell goes. I grew up in Pinckney!

Post imported post

Welcome! It's always great to see more CPL instructors getting involved. Even from the perspective of a CPL teacher who isn't interested in OCing, there is a lot that MOC and CPL teachers can offer each other. MOC members can do referrals to specific teachers, and teachers can refer students to MOC information. In no way does one entity threaten the other, because it's definitely better to have the legal protections of a CPL even if many or most of us disagree with the very fact they exist.

Anyway, be sure to set up a Howell OC event at some point. I haven't stopped in Howell for the better part of a decade, and I could use an excuse to visit.

Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    Welcome! It's always great to see more CPL instructors getting involved. Even from the perspective of a CPL teacher who isn't interested in OCing, there is a lot that MOC and CPL teachers can offer each other. MOC members can do referrals to specific teachers, and teachers can refer students to MOC information. In no way does one entity threaten the other, because it's definitely better to have the legal protections of a CPL even if many or most of us disagree with the very fact they exist.

Anyway, be sure to set up a Howell OC event at some point. I haven't stopped in Howell for the better part of a decade, and I could use an excuse to visit.

I can say for a fact that people that started on this site without a CPL have decided to get a CPL because they want to OC more easily. So really we have helped the CPL industry.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    Michigander wrote:

I can say for a fact that people that started on this site without a CPL have decided to get a CPL because they want to OC more easily. So really we have helped the CPL industry.
    You guys are correct. As a training company we feel that if a question is asked about OC we should be intelligent enough to try and answer some questions, or be able to point them in the correct direction to find the answers (MOC Brochure, which we will print out and have handy for those that want one)

Now, as a individual I dont OC but I see the advantages of being able to from all of the"discussion" on MGO. This is why I am actually here. I want to be educated enough so when I do want to exercise my right to OC, I am just as prepared to do so just like I am when I CC.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:

Ballonfest is this weekend in Howell. I think that would have been a great opratunity. The howell mellon fest is coming up however. hmmmmmmmmm