• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Howell here

MiCPL

imported post

Hello from Howell

My name is Jason and for now I'm just trying to educate myself more to OC. I may not OC yet, I do however support the cause.

Good Luck

FatboyCykes

imported post

Thanks Jason, and welcome to the site! If you don't mind, please put your location, city and state in your profile, click on the my account button, top right of the screen. Helps us with our numbers :D

Read up, drink deep, ask lots of questions, and if you feel absolutely necessary to do so, use the search function!

MiCPL

imported post

yes sir I am.I have the same namealso over on MGO.

Thanks for asking, I have to say that this MOC forum is full of knowledge for me to soak up. I think im going to enjoy it here.:D

ghostrider

imported post

MiCPL wrote:

Thanks for asking, I have to say that this MOC forum is full of knowledge for me to soak up. I think im going to enjoy it here.:D
Glad to have you hear, and looking forward to your contribution.

EM87

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Welcome!! Read the wash rinse repeat thread untill you can repeat it backwards.... just don't use it backwards:celebrate

Haha, that would not be good...

Welcome to OCDO, MiCPL!

390JOE

Laingsburg, for the time right now., Michigan, USA
imported post

MiCPL wrote:

i know the feeling. im a noob also and i have read so much info that im like an oversaturated lawn with nowhere for the info to go.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MiCPL wrote:
Hello from Howell

My name is Jason and for now I'm just trying to educate myself more to OC. I may not OC yet, I do however support the cause.

Good Luck

Welcome, Jason! Good to see you here! (I took your CPL Class, and have the same name on MGO).

MiCPL

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
MiCPL wrote:
Hello from Howell

Good Luck

Welcome, Jason! Good to see you here! (I took your CPL Class, and have the same name on MGO).

Thanks zig,

I hope you enjoyed the class. Now the student has become the teacher, I will have lots of questions for ya.

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MiCPL wrote:
zigziggityzoo wrote:
MiCPL wrote:
Hello from Howell

Good Luck

Thanks zig,

I hope you enjoyed the class. Now the student has become the teacher, I will have lots of questions for ya.

Don't worry, I'm well prepared for them, answers in hand.

For everyone else, I highly recommend the MiCPL.net class. They're a great group of guys, very knowledgeable, and didn't go off telling the class that OC or "printing" is illegal. ( :cool: ) They didn't "advocate" it, but that's not what a concealed carry class is for, now is it?

Anyway, I really enjoyed the class, got to shoot at the howell indoor range (winter class), and enjoyed it. Hope to convince my wife to go to hers soon...

They've also got their FFL, and have done a transfer for me already.

So that's my testimonial. Good guys, very much 2A advocates (and the cop among them ain't half bad either :p )!

Michigander

imported post

Welcome! It's always great to see more CPL instructors getting involved. Even from the perspective of a CPL teacher who isn't interested in OCing, there is a lot that MOC and CPL teachers can offer each other. MOC members can do referrals to specific teachers, and teachers can refer students to MOC information. In no way does one entity threaten the other, because it's definitely better to have the legal protections of a CPL even if many or most of us disagree with the very fact they exist.

Anyway, be sure to set up a Howell OC event at some point. I haven't stopped in Howell for the better part of a decade, and I could use an excuse to visit. :cool:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Michigander wrote:
Welcome! It's always great to see more CPL instructors getting involved. Even from the perspective of a CPL teacher who isn't interested in OCing, there is a lot that MOC and CPL teachers can offer each other. MOC members can do referrals to specific teachers, and teachers can refer students to MOC information. In no way does one entity threaten the other, because it's definitely better to have the legal protections of a CPL even if many or most of us disagree with the very fact they exist.

Anyway, be sure to set up a Howell OC event at some point. I haven't stopped in Howell for the better part of a decade, and I could use an excuse to visit. :cool:
I can say for a fact that people that started on this site without a CPL have decided to get a CPL because they want to OC more easily. So really we have helped the CPL industry.

MiCPL

imported post

Venator wrote:
Michigander wrote:

I can say for a fact that people that started on this site without a CPL have decided to get a CPL because they want to OC more easily. So really we have helped the CPL industry.

You guys are correct. As a training company we feel that if a question is asked about OC we should be intelligent enough to try and answer some questions, or be able to point them in the correct direction to find the answers (MOC Brochure, which we will print out and have handy for those that want one)

Now, as a individual I dont OC but I see the advantages of being able to from all of the"discussion" on MGO. This is why I am actually here. I want to be educated enough so when I do want to exercise my right to OC, I am just as prepared to do so just like I am when I CC.

MiCPL

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Ballonfest is this weekend in Howell. I think that would have been a great opratunity. The howell mellon fest is coming up however. hmmmmmmmmm