• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry in peoria

lowlander91

imported post

Hello this is my first post on here . Well im 18 and have been shooting shotguns for a while I recently bought an mossberg 590 ,and ive been interested in handguns. My dad has a dan wesson model 15 he never uses and said I can use it when ever. SO i called the peoria pd and asked about open carry at 18. THe guy was in admisinstraion and didnt know what he was talking about. He had to ask someone and said I cant even have a handgun. so now im confused becauseI was possitive 18 yearolds can have handguns from gifts or private purchase. So any one have info on open carry at 18 in Peoria,Az

zx-twitch

imported post

TylerEMT is 19 I think and open carries. he has a post right below yours. give it a read. and welcome to the forum

ccwinstructor

Centurion
imported post

I believe that you are legal to carry openly in Arizona. I suggest that you join AZCDL for the latest in legislative initiatives in Arizona. I had my daughter carry openly in Arizona when she was 16, but that was before they pushed through the anti-gun law targeting children in Arizona.

r6-rider

imported post

lowlander91 wrote:
THe guy was in admisinstraion and didnt know what he was talking about. He had to ask someone and said I cant even have a handgun.
thats why hes in admin cause hes an idiot. im 18, i carry everyday and everywhere. ALL of Arizona is ok to carry at 18. just remember cops arent lawyers so dont believe everything they tell you

oh did i mention the only time i had a problem with the police and carrying was in peoria:D

r6-rider

imported post

and its getting worse. every other plate i see is CA and every car (even the locals) has obama all over it. sure your state goes bankrupt so you have to jump ship and come here...

hopefully more people start OCing so we can scare them out of this state

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

I know a lot of goodpeople that are stuck in that state either due to employment or they can't afford to move. I lived there for 15 years during my Navy days and admit I love the weather in SoCal..but that's about where it ends for me. It appears the farther north you head from San Diego the higher the ratio of what I consider to be liberal's. I know many CA folks at first would be amazed seeing someone OC, as it is far and few between if any..that you see someone OC'n in CA. Secondly, people that only knew of guns being associated with bad guys get a shock as well. It can be perceived as a new world, as it was for me when I moved here.

r6-rider

imported post

im originally from CA as well. ill never forget the first time i was in arizona, i was 13, we were driving around and i saw 2 guys standing in front of a coffee shop with guns on there hips. though they were cops. then i saw a girl driving a jeep with a pistol on her hip. from that point on i knew i had to move down here lol

Mahan0331

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
oh did i mention the only time i had a problem with the police and carrying was in peoria:D

Really?? Iveonlyhad positive interaction w/ Peoria PD ... nothing but handshakes after drawing my .45 on a guy right before his commrad got tazed.... I got a plaque from the acting chief....was on Peoria's BS tv channel....kinda cool...

......anyway what happened in ur situation?

r6-rider

imported post

some deputy who obviously didnt know the law. stopped me, asked if i had a permit, the usual run around. anyways, ended with me in handcuffs for about 15 mins before the SGT came and told him he was an idiot. then they let me go, apologized, and told me if i wanted to file a complaint heres his name and badge number. i dont care though, obviously hes not going to make that mistake again so why try to get him in trouble. other then that iv never had a problem with peoria cops but im also not out there that often lol

AZkopper

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
some deputy who obviously didnt know the law. stopped me, asked if i had a permit, the usual run around. anyways, ended with me in handcuffs for about 15 mins before the SGT came and told him he was an idiot. then they let me go, apologized, and told me if i wanted to file a complaint heres his name and badge number. i dont care though, obviously hes not going to make that mistake again so why try to get him in trouble. other then that iv never had a problem with peoria cops but im also not out there that often lol
Dollars to donuts he was a CA/IL transplant or such. The fact that the Sgt. berated him infront of you and gave you the tools to screw him back shows that he (the deputy/officer) was the abboration, and the Sgt. was the norm. I'd call that a negative contact turned very positive.

r6-rider

imported post

AZkopper wrote:
I'd call that a negative contact turned very positive.
yea i thought so. showing that he had the situation under control was mainly the reason why i felt it didnt need to go any farther. either way it still didnt effect my opinion, iv had to work with alot of cops around the valley and i still feel arizona has some of the most respectful officers