• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT- Fore sale: Canon SX100 IS Digital Camera 8mp/10x optical zoom

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

This was a relatively high-end point and shoot when it first came out (2007). It has a real good feature set (including Image Stabilization) and also allows manual control for those who would like to get creative. It runs on 2 AA batteries, so no worry about batteries being dead at an inopportune moment and not having your charger.

Includes original box, manual, cords, software, etc and I will also throw in a 2GB SD card which is good for about 500 pictures at max quality.

Camera is in good-very good shape. Function-wise it is excellent, but it does have one spot of minor cosmetic damage. The trim ring around the lens got squeezed while it was packed on a motorcycle trip, causing the lens to bind a little. I had to do a little hotel room surgery to resolve the problem. No more binding, but there is a little scar at the bottom of the trim ring (see photo below). I did NOT pry on it, I disassembled the camera body and safely reshaped it without putting any force or pressure on the lens.

Display is in excellent condition, has always had a protector on it. The camera takes great pictures so long as you know it's limitations (ie- no sports/action shots or indoor with low light). It does have a flash, but as with most on this type of camera, it is meant more for living room size areas, not ball rooms.

It really shines outdoors in sunlight or for taking quick snapshots. Also good for someone who posts pics of things for sale. It was my "Take everywhere" camera and was always in my car or on the motorcycle. It will do videos as well if that is of interest to anyone.

I am selling it because I would like to move up to a G10.

There is a pretty fair and accurate review of it here: http://reviews.cnet.com/digita...6501_7-32471277.html

Here is the actual camera:

sx100.jpg

Was asking $125 *** NOW $100 - **Free box of 30.06 or 9mm ammo with purchase!**

I believe this is fair as this model is selling between $160-$200 refurb/new from ebay and other sources. Reasonable offers considered as well.

Here are a couple pics I have taken with it:

sx100a.jpg

sx100b.jpg

sx100c.jpg

sx100d.jpg

Misguided Child

imported post

This is a great camera for taking pics of your guns for insurance reasons or pics of OC get togethers. It can also be handy for documenting your surroundings in a situation where you might want pictures for evidence later.:cool:

In fact, since the g10 has way more pixels in the same size sensor, it won't perform as well in fast action/ low light situations.

911Boss

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
No offense, but this goes way off the mark. This is not a classifieds board. If it's not related to guns in any way it shouldn't be here.

None taken. I see this as a community and I trust the folks on it more than I would those on Craigslist for buying or selling something. How about this, free box of 30.06 or 9mm ammo with purchase?

As another posted noted, it is a good camera for pics of guns whether for insurance documentation,posting gun p0rn, orpics of guns for sale. Camera has awesome macro features. And as also noted, it is a great carry around camera for to take pics should something happen (like I said it was my "Take everywhere" camera).

M.G. - I have DSLR for those type situations, just looking to get more features and better performance in my P&S.

I'll swap the pics for some gun shots I've taken with it later.

Mods- If you want to delete, I'll understand.

compmanio365

imported post

Yeah, thought I'd bring it up cause I've seen other such threads be deleted. It's up to Mike and John in the end though (they are the only people that moderate this forum....hence the abundance of trolls around here). Thanks for considering what I said instead of getting all upset that I said it.

With that in mind, does the camera have the pop up flash? I don't see one on the front like most of them do. My PowerShot A570 just decides that all batteries are equally dead and won't take any pictures for some reason, so it looks like I'll need a new one. I need some 9mm too.

911Boss

imported post

Yes it does have a flash, but it is "manual". You open it manually when you want to use it.

It does automatically determine the power and exposure and such, it just isn't automated to the point of popping up on it's own. It relies on the user to make the decision to flash or not. Not sure why it was designed that way, but probably something to do with giving the camera options for manual use.

The flash opens directly above the lens (where the word "Canon" is). If you look at the first two pictures, you can see a "seam" across the top of the camera to the left of "Canon", that is the flash.

Here is a stock photo with flash open...

canon_sx100is_3q-001.jpg