• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for advice about a CC gun for my brother

architect

imported post

jeeper1 wrote:
It is one of two cats that I inherited when my brother died, who had inherited them when our mother died.
No offense intended. Sorry for omitting the :), and even sorrier for your losses. :cry:

Back to lame attempts at humor...with the tag on the gun I can see this pic showing up on a t-shirt with the caption "Buy this pistol or the cat gets it!" :)

w5wjp

imported post

architect wrote:
I like my Taurus PT145 Millennium Pro., 10+1 .45ACP, very light, easy to carry and shoot, and much more accurate than you might expect. Mine has been very reliable but I only have maybe 500 rounds through it so the jury is still out.

This pistol has a poor reputation in some circles. I think Taurus had QC issues with early models, the guns manufactured within the past year seem to be much better. You might want to be careful if you buy one used (field strip and inspect the interior of the slide, reject any with rough milling). You can find them new for about $340 for blue, $370 for SS, I feel this is a lot of bang for the buck.
What he said....excellent choice.