• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LoUiSiAna state soverignty act PASSED!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tawnos wrote:
ixtow wrote:
Sweet, 2 down, 48 to go....

And if you've ever read Origin of the Species, Darwin makes many of the best arguments against his own theory. Funny how 'scientific' supporters of his theory (and it IS a theory), ignore half of the book. But it does 'explain away' any reason for a human being to act like more than any other animal, and a LOT of people like that...
Gravity is just a theory
gravity.gif
[giggles]

Most every branch of science defies the notion of evolution. But I'm not here to argue with those who see only what they want to. It's like talking to an anti.... Waste of time.

How does Louisiana's Sovereignty Act compare to Montana's? Are they nearly identical, or are there drastic differences only witht he same name at the top?

MuellerBadener

imported post

Tawnos wrote:

Gravity is just a theory
gravity.gif

It's not gravity itself that is a theory, but the explaination of it, which scientist still argue over ad nauseum. The reason creation and gravity are still theory's is because nobody knows or can prove the FACTS, so.....

let's get back to facts, like this thread has gone to H***! Let's talk about guns & gun laws! {:cuss:The Damned interferring, right usurping, tyranical, unconstitutional Laws!}

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

MuellerBadener wrote:
Tawnos wrote:

Gravity is just a theory
gravity.gif

It's not gravity itself that is a theory, but the explaination of it, which scientist still argue over ad nauseum. The reason creation and gravity are still theory's is because nobody knows or can prove the FACTS, so.....

let's get back to facts, like this thread has gone to H***! Let's talk about guns & gun laws! {:cuss:The Damned interferring, right usurping, tyranical, unconstitutional Laws!}

There is no gravity.... the earth sucks!

imported post

"The people get what the people want in Louisiana. That's called liberty."

Sounds more like mob rule to me, especially knowing the stupidity of most Louisianians. No rule of law? No rights/limits against government as outlined in the state constitution? Scary stuff.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
"The people get what the people want in Louisiana. That's called liberty."

Sounds more like mob rule to me, especially knowing the stupidity of most Louisianians. No rule of law? No rights/limits against government as outlined in the state constitution? Scary stuff.
So you believe people having freedom and liberty is scary? The Government needs to be involved? Hmmmm....thats scary when people think like that.

MuellerBadener

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Sudden Valley Gunner,
What scares me is not freedom, but the opposite: mob rule/no rule of law, more accurately described as "democracy."

What's worse: he lawless mob, or the lawful tryanny of the majority (Democracy)?

It seems to me we nearly have the latter already.

WheelGun

imported post

Mob, Lawless; see Riots, Rodney King

Majority, Tyranny of the; read Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

Rights, Sacrificing for Safety; see Hitler, Adolf

Individual Liberty; see Fathers, Founding or Constitution, United States

MuellerBadener

imported post

WheelGun wrote:
Mob, Lawless; see Riots, Rodney King

Majority, Tyranny of the; read Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities

Rights, Sacrificing for Safety; see Hitler, Adolf

Individual Liberty; see Fathers, Founding or Constitution, United States

+1

KansasMustang

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
Even though I'm happy about the bill. The state of Louisiana has proven to have religious nutters who refuse science.

The geek in me chuckles...
They passed a bill back in 08 requiring schools to teach religion, as in "God created everything." aka. Creationism/Intelligent(Religion) Design.

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN2719223520080627

Let's just forget the cradle of human life was found to be south Africa, not China. Let's throw out factual carbon dating which shows the age of our planet, findings of objects like the 35000 year old flute, and other scientific findings.

Let's all just believe the Earth is 4000 years old... humans lives with dinosaurs(wtf? displayed in the moron design museum). Who the hell spends 27 million on a large dinosaur for a museum on creationism. Speaking about who is costing more money in one of the other threads, I'd have to say religion this time for the people of Louisiana.
Now you sound just like that idiot that went after Sarah Palen during the campaign. One of the ELITE's that think that they're smarter than everyone else because they don't believe in the same philosophies. Freedom of speech and religion are what this country was founded on, what our forefathers, and some of us, fought, bled and died for. Setting yourself up as smarter, or better just because you think that anyone who believes in Creationism is stupid is setting yourself up like the idiots that are in control of the country at this moment. This country was founded on God, Guts, and Guns, and this forum is about the latter. Let's try and leave it THERE. And I suppose that I'll be on your list of idiots, but now the question is,,,do I give a s*&t?

Erus

imported post

Uhm...

Truly not trying to flame you personally, or anyone else for that matter... or make an argument either way on the topic this was inspired by.. but Democracy (majority rules vote) is two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner. LIBERTY is the (well armed, and hopefully tolerant) sheep contesting the vote.

MY point is that LIBERTY should be the equal right to choose regardless of the majority's opinion, based on YOUR OWN information/faith/knowledge/history/lineage/etc./etc.

I let the fools I can not convince otherwise believe I am a fool. That's how I pay for my right to be one. If I refused them their right to be foolish, I would lose mine in the same stroke.
(Means the same thing if the community has made a choice. It is my choice to comply, leave, or neither as I see fit, so long as my choice does not negate or interfere with yours/theirs, and I am willing to accept the natural <NOT imposed> results of my own choice.)

Dustin wrote:
That's called Liberty. MAJORITY WINS.

TheWarrior

imported post

Well my initial elation at the news was slightly soured by the flaming....

First, as a literal, biblical, young-earth, ex nihilo Creationist, I personally cannot accept Evolution but that's not what we are here to debate. (And we believe the earth is 6,000 years old, btw, not four.)

Let's stick to our guns--pun intended!

Spencer

oldgoat

imported post

How did a celebratory post turn into, LoUiSiAna bashing?

:cuss:
What this bill means to me?

The fact that this bill passed both the house and senate by an overwhelming majority.
The people of LoUiSiAna have a very firm grip on reality.

Their is an omission in the bill however, it has no teeth.
It should have included the withholding of fed. tax, as consequence for violating the terms of the contract. "The constitution is a contract between the states and the fed gov."

However, it does leave an opening for that possibility.:)

Dustin

imported post

Erus wrote:

Uhm...

Truly not trying to flame you personally, or anyone else for that matter... or make an argument either way on the topic this was inspired by.. but Democracy (majority rules vote) is two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner. LIBERTY is the (well armed, and hopefully tolerant) sheep contesting the vote.

MY point is that LIBERTY should be the equal right to choose regardless of the majority's opinion, based on YOUR OWN information/faith/knowledge/history/lineage/etc./etc.

I let the fools I can not convince otherwise believe I am a fool. That's how I pay for my right to be one. If I refused them their right to be foolish, I would lose mine in the same stroke.
(Means the same thing if the community has made a choice. It is my choice to comply, leave, or neither as I see fit, so long as my choice does not negate or interfere with yours/theirs, and I am willing to accept the natural <NOT imposed> results of my own choice.)

Dustin wrote:
That's called Liberty. MAJORITY WINS.

If the Majority didn't win, and nothingwas everestablished, then therewould becomplete chaos since everyone wouldbe doing something different. That simply cannot happen. Where it does happen is in the Jungle.

I prefer order judged by the foundational truths found in the Bible. Most of which exist through our very own US Constitution.

If you think this should be a do what you want nation for everyone, than you completely disagree with the Constitution and assuredly the Bible. For both lay down organized life.

PT111

imported post

TheWarrior wrote:
oldgoat wrote:
How did a celebratory post turn into, LoUiSiAna bashing?

:cuss:
EXACTLY, oldgoat...just what I was wondering
Just routine for anything posted on this board. It does appear that no matter what is posted there is always someone who will do their best to take the joy out of it because it did not suit their view of what should have been done or that it did not go far enough. Yes there are some people that just cannot stand being happy or seeing anyone else happy.

Alexcabbie

imported post

The Second, Ninth, and Tenth Amendments are the most widely ignored provisions of the Constitution. Although the Second defends all the rest, that comes to naught if the rest are neglected. 9A and 10A have been lingering on the edge of death from neglect, the one thing arms cannot defend against. Louisiana has taken the first step toward nourishing these Amendments and getting them up out of the sickbed that would-be tyrants had hoped would be their deathbed.

A lot has been said about Bible-thumping snake-handling religious nutbars supposedly endemic in the Great State of Louisiana. But this is also the state of New Orleans and the ridiculous Ray "Keep them schoolbuses parked by the levee" Nagin. They run their own railroad down there, though; and they don't like unlawful meddling. I only hope Virginia and the rest of the States follow suit.