• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Encounter

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Don't open the door without a warrant, don't lose your temper over the phone, and don't forget to close your accounts (don't OC it will make things worse) and write a very angry letter to Chase over this. Unless there is something in your account agreement, it seems over the top for them to give your address to the cops.

Try a credit union. I bank with Harborstone, which is pretty much Pierce/Thurston County only and I haven't OC'd in there, but after I lost my wallet, I chatted with the manager about replacing lost documents and mentioned my CPL and they never batted an eye, which is a plus in my book.

colt45ws

imported post

I didnt really let it show I just said "kthxby*click*" I thought about it and I think I cut him off.
No matter. I will go over there tomorrow and have them double check it at the desk.
I had already decided against OC. With the fat line that cop had been feeding me, Im sure they think its illegal regardless of their policy.
Your letter to Chase is a good idea. I will sit down and write one now.

DEROS72

imported post

My daughter is a chase manager she is the boss lady..You would have no trouble in her branch.Although she is out for another weeks on maternity leave.At the Enumclaw branch.Ask for Carrie when she gets back..

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Rewrite it to state right off the bat that you were lawfully carrying a visible sidearm, otherwise it rambles too much to get to the point that you were carrying legally, and whatever east coast flunky is reading this will get hung up on "gun".

Otherwise it's pretty good.

Vandal

imported post

You could become the new owner of Chase!! Seriously though, I would consider lawyering up since they gave the local PD your personal info that should have been kept private. IIRC, the cops can't get that info without a warrant and banks cannot just willingly disclose that info.

Keep us up to speed on what happens.

joeroket

imported post

colt45ws wrote:
I talked to Mark Knapp, and I am considering having him write a couple letters for me. What do you guys think?
If it were me I would not hesitate to have Mark help. This is the stuff that he does and does well. On the downside if something were to come about of any of it Mark may not be around to help as he is running for a judge position.

colt45ws

imported post

The bank just called. They wanted to follow up that they are 'requesting' I no longer bring a gun into their bank. She told me they had no intention of the police coming to my house, their security department instructed them to call the police. She also said that the primary didn't think it was legal when he first got there. Somewhere along the line he/they were corrected I guess but they are still asking me to keep it out of the bank.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

colt45ws wrote:
The bank just called. They wanted to follow up that they are 'requesting' I no longer bring a gun into their bank. She told me they had no intention of the police coming to my house, their security department instructed them to call the police. She also said that the primary didn't think it was legal when he first got there. Somewhere along the line he/they were corrected I guess but they are still asking me to keep it out of the bank.
Not a satisfying response.

My "security department" thinks you should sue them. Surely there's a breach of contract in there.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Sorry for you experience, but glad you are standing up for our rights. Contact some gun rights groups they might be able to help you in a case. You were violated from all directions. It is too bad we can't get all gun owners in U.S. to punish institutions like this....if they last even a 1/4 of their customers to pro 2ndA business...they would change their tune quickly.

DEROS72

imported post

Thats correct...Businesses start losing a lot of money because of an anti 2A stance they will totally rethink their position.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Deros, does your daughter know what the banks corporate policy is?

And I do think we need to get together with the cpl guys on this issue. Washington has one of the highest rate of issues of concealed permits in the country.

sirpuma

imported post

You should also write letters to the NRA and GOA to spread the word. What they did was total BS and both the bank branch and the PD violated your rights.

I'm glad I bank with Kitsap Credit Union. I have been in their branch office a total of three times. (I just opened the account a week or so ago) All three times I OCed and no one so much as flinched.

DEROS72

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Deros, does your daughter know what the banks corporate policy is?

And I do think we need to get together with the cpl guys on this issue. Washington has one of the highest rate of issues of concealed permits in the country.

I never asked her.I know she has a lot of pull.I was with her one time and we went into another branch.I had to get a notory because she can't notorize for family..I was oc.It like wow whats Carrie doing in our branch.They thought she was there to inspect something.No one in that branch said a word about my sidearm.I don't know if it was because she was with me and she is so well known or not .I will ask her when I talk to her again.Also I don't know if she has briefed her staff or, or if she ever thought to. Or if she puts up with it because of Dad .I just know she as the manager doesn't have a problem with it.She isn't a huge gun person but likes to keep one in her house for protection and she does know how to use it.She is still out for about 6 weeks on matewrnity leave,but againI'll talk to her about it as soon as I see her again.The branch she runs also used to be WAMU.I'll tell you what though that kid can talk banking way over my head.She made Branch manager at 23.Pretty smart.

I bank at US bank and have never had a problem with them.I even went open carry to the downtown branch a few weeks after it had been robbed and still no one said anything .
Untill I talk to her please do not reference her in any corespondance.Like I said I don't know if she puts up with it because of dad but I do know she is one to follow corporate policy.I don't think she has ever asked because it has never come up before.I'm sure in any bank if customers start closing accounts because of an anti carry policy they would indeed rethink that policy.