• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Encounter

colt45ws

imported post

Frankly I was quite surprised at myself. How I handled it. Im pretty happy with the outcome. I like how asking for something written got them to wonder and how they were ready to kick me out. I will be back in in two weeks, and if they say nothing, I say nothing.

:)

TechnoWeenie

imported post

I closed my accounts with Chase. a bunch of free stuff, like online billpay, all the sudden had charges associated with it....

Never had any problems/questions about OC in multiple branches, but I dislike the new management.

Navy Federal Credit Union FTW!

Nebulis01

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
I closed my accounts with Chase. a bunch of free stuff, like online billpay, all the sudden had charges associated with it....

Never had any problems/questions about OC in multiple branches, but I dislike the new management.

WaMu was such a great bank until they got bought out. I've closed every account I had with them once they officially became chase.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Nebulis01 wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

WaMu was such a great bank until they got bought out. I've closed every account I had with them once they officially became chase.

I talked to a bunch of WaMu->Chase employees, and they tell me about how they made it as hard as possible on the WaMu employees hoping that they'd quit so they could give the positions to existing Chase employees that they had to fire from other branches they were closing...

colt45ws

imported post

Yeah, if they give me a written policy banning carry of guns, I will empty them out at once. Not like I have a lot in them though seeing as I just got fired, but...
Then I will have to find a new bank.

Misguided Child

imported post

Techno,

So they wanted WAMU employees to quit so they could move tellers from back east? Since there were no existing Chase employees within about 1000 miles that doesn't make sense to me.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Misguided Child wrote:
Techno,

So they wanted WAMU employees to quit so they could move tellers from back east? Since there were no existing Chase employees within about 1000 miles that doesn't make sense to me.

From what I was told, they were downsizing at the same time they were acquiring WaMu..

They wanted to give existing Chase employees first crack at the 'new' Chase positions before they had to lay them off. I was also told that Chase would rather hire new employees than retrain WaMu employees in the 'Chase way'...

Dunno the validity of that statement, but with my experiences with Chase, it wouldnt surprise me.

I was gonna kill my account long before I was told that...

Chase's attitude seemed to be more of 'how much can we make?' than 'thank you for trusting us with your business' attitude that WaMu and NFCU had/have.

colt45ws

imported post

This has just been upgraded to a first police encounter.
They came to my house, disarmed me on my porch, questioned me, threatened me with charges (banks got added to the list of prohibited places yesterday, apparently.)
Unfortunately, I didnt even think to grab my recorder. I am such a dumbass. Im going to look into an FOIA to get everything I can.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

colt45ws wrote:
This has just been upgraded to a first police encounter.
They came to my house, disarmed me on my porch, questioned me, threatened me with charges (banks got added to the list of prohibited places yesterday, apparently.)
Unfortunately, I didnt even think to grab my recorder. I am such a dumbass. Im going to look into an FOIA to get everything I can.

Don't believe them..

Verify, Verify, Verify.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

What agency was this, and banks got added to what "prohibited" list yesterday?

Once they started talking, I would have asked if I was being detained, if "No" I would have then told them to leave and not come back unless they had a warrant.

I think you got snowed and they stepped over the line. I would be back in the bank again tomorrow, still peaceably OC'ing and close my accounts and letting the bank know why.

colt45ws

imported post

911Boss wrote:

Once they started talking, I would have asked if I was being detained, if "No" I would have then told them to leave and not come back unless they had a warrant.

I think you got snowed and they stepped over the line. I would be back in the bank again tomorrow, still peaceably OC'ing and close my accounts and letting the bank know why.
Moses Lake Police Department.
I did get snowed, I walk out the door and he asks me to put my hands up and disarms me ON OUR PROPERTY.
I think he was talking about .300. He was talking as if banks were the same as jails and courthouses.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

colt45ws wrote:
911Boss wrote:

Moses Lake Police Department.
I did get snowed, I walk out the door and he asks me to put my hands up and disarms me ON OUR PROPERTY.
I think he was talking about .300. He was talking as if banks were the same as jails and courthouses.
There has been no change to that law. Banks are not the "same" as jails or courthouses. The bank may have decided they were going to prohibit them by policy, but that is not something for anyone to enforce after the fact.

Did you get name of the officer who came to your house? I would be doing FOIA first thing tomorrow along with filing a complaint with the PD.

colt45ws

imported post

Blah blah blah, I realize this now. I was halfway asleep. (been up all night)
Im kicking my ass over what I let them do.
Yeah, thats what I dont get, 10-11 hours later they show up about it. Obviously it was not important enough to warrant immediant attention.
I gots ther names, trying to get a Case# now.

FunkTrooper

imported post

Wow even I didn't get disarmed even though they did bring their assault rifles.
Yeah don't believe that BS banks are still private that cop is a liar and you should have told him to talk to your lawyer. Close your account, they don't your business if they're calling the cops on customers.

I made a similar mistake by giving the my name and address.

colt45ws

imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
Yeah don't believe that BS banks are still private that cop is a liar and you should have told him to talk to your lawyer. Close your account, they don't your business if they're calling the cops on customers.

Im going to go over there tomorrow and close my accounts. Im not sure if I want to carry. Im sure at this point they have been misinformed to the laws by the police they would probably call on sight.

Anybody have any tips on writing a FOIA and a compliant?

TechnoWeenie

imported post

colt45ws wrote:
FunkTrooper wrote:

Im going to go over there tomorrow and close my accounts. Im not sure if I want to carry. Im sure at this point they have been misinformed to the laws by the police they would probably call on sight.

Wear a cowboy hat and walk up the counter, and in a southern accent say 'I'd like to make a withdrawal ma'am'.. :D

Ok, don't... still funny though...

The bank obviously GAVE them your information, either from the account, or from the surveillance tapes, which is a clear violation of your privacy. Consider a civil suit against the bank for disclosing personal information as well..

colt45ws

imported post

I got a casee number but I think my anger got them best of me and hung up before he finished. Oh well, I have most of it. When I pick up a complaint form tomorrow I will ask them to double check what I have.
Anybody have a good sample FOIA letter?