• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Encounter

antispam540

imported post

colt45ws wrote:
Got the police report. Not going to say anything other than...
I feel like throwing up.
It'd be a lot easier to believe in the average goodness of the police if every single case like this didn't turn out to have falsified police reports.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
imported post

colt45ws wrote:
My Trial is March 18th, at 10:30am.
I know there is a good chance of feeling a great deal of turmoil in your life right now, not that it will help much but that is normal and once you start working though it more things will calm for you.

I hope you were able to obtain an attorney or a Court appointed one at minimum.

Once you have an attorney you may look into obtaining video from the bank on this incident, I am sure the prosecutors office sought it out to support your position you were not doing anything to warrant alarm.

Good Luck To You and know there are many out here are in support of you.

erps

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
colt45ws wrote:
I feel like throwing up.
It'd be a lot easier to believe in the average goodness of the police if every single case like this didn't turn out to have falsified police reports.
I must have missed the evidence that supports that assertion.

antispam540

imported post

erps wrote:
antispam540 wrote:
colt45ws wrote:
I feel like throwing up.
I must have missed the evidence that supports that assertion.
That's okay - my report IS the evidence ;) Who's gonna believe otherwise?

erps

imported post

That's okay - my report IS the evidence ;) Who's gonna believe otherwise?
Okay, for a moment I thought I missed something. Oh and who's going to believe otherwise? I learned a long time ago not to draw any conclusions until you hear both sides of the story. Hey, that's just me though.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

The problem is that without outside evidence Judges tend to believe LEO side of the story.

Here is a common lie I see in a lot of police reports "uncooperative" I have come to find out that means, "he didn't let us trample on his 4th and 5th amendment rights. So now when he goes to court we are going to prejudice the judge/jury against him with this comment."

erps

imported post

The problem is that without outside evidence Judges tend to believe LEO side of the story.
that's exactly the type of prejudice I'm talking about. Judge probably saw how many times defendants lied in past trials and then assumes the current defendant is a liar too.Judge may not even be aware that he/she is prejudiced.Sound famliar?

Here is a common lie I see in a lot of police reports "uncooperative" I have come to find out that means, "he didn't let us trample on his 4th and 5th amendment rights.
very inflamatory statement IMO. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I am not saying you being an leo would do this but have seen it first hand on several occassions. And you are right cops deal with a ton of lies I just don't think two wrongs make a right.I will agree to diasagree tho.:D

1245A Defender

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:

Here is a common lie I see in a lot of police reports "uncooperative" I have come to find out that means, "he didn't let us trample on his 4th and 5th amendment rights. So now when he goes to court we are going to prejudice the judge/jury against him with this comment."
another really good personnal assult is to point out their bad " attitude ",, these baseless accusations cannoot be argued away,, theyre like a coat of tar that cant be washed away!

colt45ws

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
colt45ws wrote:
I talked to my PD today. I think I got really lucky, to say the least. She was aware of this site among other things.
PD as in Public Defender? I'll be praying for you...

I don't think you have anything at all to worry about, though. Except we haven't read what was in the police report. Is there video from the bank?
Thanks.
I dont have any doubts in her at this point.
There are pictures.