• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great Victory For Rights

smoking357

Banned
imported post

What sort of sick country have we become where the government conducts strip searches? How pathetic a piece of trash is Thomas for dissenting?Anyway, we can all be glad the school officials were found to be criminals.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31544930/ns/politics-white_house/?GT1=43001

P.S. Why would anyone ever go to a public school? You learn nothing save for fealty to the state.

Legba

imported post

The question of liability of the school administrators wasn't addressed by SCOTUS. The plaintiffs can revisit the question in a lower court, as I understand the ruling. [ed: I was wrong, it seems they ruled 7-2 that the administrator had qualified immunity]

Thomas' dissent is quite bizzare. It seems that school "discipline" is more important than the bill of rights, to hear him tell it.

-ljp

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Legba wrote:
Thomas' dissent is quite bizzare. It seems that school "discipline" is more important than the bill of rights, to hear him tell it.

-ljp
In the struggle between law and order, most people find the latter preferable.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If it had been my daughter I might have taken my own steps to protect my daughter.

And they wonder why I got mad at my daughters teacher for telling her that bullet was a bad word.

markand

imported post

My wife's a retired public school teacher. The kind of nonsense this poor girl went through is rampant in the public schools. Zero tolerance, no guns, no mention of God, etc.

Several years ago, a severely asthmatic teenager in our local school system got on the bus and found another severely asthmatic girl having a seizure. First girl administered a dose from her rescue inhaler, saving second girl's life, according to paramedics. Rescuer was expelled from school for "distributing drugs", in violation of zero tolerance drug policies. What insanity.

Although we're too old at this point to have any children (married at +50 years old, mid- 50's now), wife and I are both of the opinion that we'd never put any of our children into any public school system. Home school is the way to go, no matter what sacrifice is required to pull it off.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ZT is nuts and does nothing more than remove personal responsibility for good decision making from public employees.

I too am disturbed (and disappointed) by Thomas' dissent.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Theseus wrote:
If it had been my daughter I might have taken my own steps to protect my daughter.

If it'd been my daughter... I most assuredly would have gone to jail... and those schooltards concerned would ... not have hada nice day... or week... possibly month.

This Zero Tolerance stuff is over the top draconian in it's intent and application. I do believe there are school 'officials' who have not a lick of common sense and actually take delight in inflicting this sort of crap on 'normal'kids within their feifdoms. 'Like the 'witchers' of old.

The Constitution does not end at the schoolyard gate.

old dog

imported post

It's always been in the back of my mind that the zeal of some to strip little girls might have another explanation.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Theseus wrote:

If it'd been my daughter... I most assuredly would have gone to jail... and those schooltards concerned would ... not have hada nice day... or week... possibly month.

This Zero Tolerance stuff is over the top draconian in it's intent and application. I do believe there are school 'officials' who have not a lick of common sense and actually take delight in inflicting this sort of crap on 'normal'kids within their feifdoms. 'Like the 'witchers' of old.

The Constitution does not end at the schoolyard gate.
I think if it had been my daughter, I too would have been carted off to jail... but those school employees who did that to my daughter would be eating through a straw for months following.

AZkopper

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
<snip>
I think if it had been my daughter, I too would have been carted off to jail... but those school employees who did that to my daughter would be eating through a straw for months following.
They'd still be eating? They would'nt even be breathing...

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

AZkopper wrote:
Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
<snip>
They'd still be eating? They would'nt even be breathing...
If I walked in on someone violating my daughter like that... maybe.... but after the fact.... I'd only break their jaws and put them in a coma... I'm a protective dad and would have a hard time controlling myself from really hurting them however...

Il_Duce

Banned
imported post

So let me get this straight... You give teachers the right to act at the same level of parents (which gives them the ability to strip search a student) and then when they use that authority, you talk about how you'd commit great violences against them.

America, where are you? We need you back...

KansasMustang

imported post

When my eldest daughter was in 7th grade, a girl in her class sat behind her and was kicking her from behind. My daughter drove her pencil into the girls leg. The principle told me he was suspending my daughter for assaulting the other girl. I asked if the other girl was also suspended. She said no, of course not. I asked why not since my daughter only struck in self defense.
The Principle said that my daughter had left evidence of the attack,,there was no evidence of the other kid kicking her. I told the principle that the other girl was lucky my daughter was taught restraint. In thosse situations I'd taught her to stand up and kick the stuffins outa someone that attacked her.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Il_Duce wrote:
So let me get this straight... You give teachers the right to act at the same level of parents (which gives them the ability to strip search a student) and then when they use that authority, you talk about how you'd commit great violences against them.

It's a lose/lose with this crowd.

On one hand... "Why can't teachers control those kids? We need to give them more authority to control those kids! Their hands are too tied by political correctness!! Those kids have too many rights and protections!!"

On the other hand... "How dare they do that tomy child!!!!"

NIMBY Everyone wants it, just not when it effects them.

On the third hand (weird), I'm not one of those people. So I'm plenty free to call disgust at Thomas for the dissent and express outrage at out of control school idio... officials, I mean.

As for zero tolerance - time has proved that to be little more than "dismissal ofcommon sense."

KansasMustang

imported post

Il_Duce wrote:

Who said by enrolling children in public school we gave teachers the authority to DO anything to our children??? I never saw anything that stated that my children were open to attack or subject to strip search by merely enrolling them into public school