• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kenosha OC Laws

JG

imported post

I spent the first 40 years of my life in Kenosha. Back then I could go about anywhere in town twelve o'clock at night an not be afraid. My wife and I go back and visit every year or two. We like to go down to Simmons beach because we spent a lot time down there when we were going together.The last time we went there it was about 11 AM in Oct. We pulled up into a parking lot and the only people there were us and two cars full some shady looking characters. They looked so bad we were afraid to get out of the car. Iam 77 years old and have an Ark. CC permit and was carrying. I still had sense enough not to ask for trouble. I didnt know about Wisc. OC laws and If I did would have gotten out of the car.I dont really believe in OC but maybe I need to rethink this thing. I just wonder if the sight of OC might prevent any trouble. My wife and I being older would be ripe picking for some of these morons. Now after my incoherant babblingI will ask my question. Does anyone know for sure what the attitude of the local police is toward OC and can you carry in places like the local beaches and parks? Its a shame the way things have changed since we were young. Back then I never even thought of OC or CC. Both my wife and I have been victims of armed robbery. In both cases the perps were caught and even though they were years apart they each got six years. It took me a long time to get over it and its not going to happen again!

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Welcome, Sir, to OCDO. I believe that we need more and more active 'seniors'. You have a few years on me.

Wisc. Statute 941.235 prohibits firearms in buildings owned or leased by the State or any subdivision, i. e., county, municipality.

Wisc. Statute 29.089 prohibits firearms on State lands with exceptions.

State political subdivision parks/lands depend on local ordinances that may be preempted by the State in Wisc. Statute 66.0409 (2) "Except as provided in subs. (3) and (4), no political subdivision may enact an ordinance or adopt a resolution that regulatesthe sale, purchase, purchase delay, transfer, ownership, use, keeping,
possession, bearing, transportation, licensing, permitting, registration or taxation of any firearm or part of a firearm, including ammunition and reloader components, unless the ordinance or resolution is the same as or similar to, and no more stringent than, a state statute." Unfortunately there are no enforcement provisions for this statute, much to the chagrin of our younger members.

As to attitudes, they're a-changin' - maybe. Traditionally local cops use charges of Disorderly Conduct to intimidate legally armed citizens.

GJD

imported post

I live in Kenosha. A good many people are for the carrying of firearms - mostly concealed in order to not attract attention. I have open carried several times and have only been detained/threatened once by the Kenosha PD. Most people just ignore me - as one would hope - to go on with your life while being able to protect yourself.