Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: It happened to me

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mesa Az., , USA
    Posts
    174

    Post imported post

    I live in a Condo with my wife and was 58 when this happen.
    My neighbor is a single mom with 2 young kids and I have always told her to bang on the wall if she ever needed help. Well, one evening I heard the banging and yelling and I put on my insight M6 light on my Sig 220 and went out the back and seen a large Indian about to break the neighbors window, My wife was already calling 911. I gave him a loud command to stop or I would drop him and he turned and seen the light and .45 aimed and him, I had him kneel and kept myself at around 8 feet from him and told him I could not miss him at this range blindfolded in a strong voice. Shortly the police arrived and he was taken away, I asked if they wanted to see my CCW, they said no and thanked me for
    Stopping him he was very drunk and taken away. I would advise people to have a game plan that your family and neighbors to avoid home invasions or mishaps with shooting the wrong person. Always make sure you can see them if they are have a weapon ( he had a large knife) Keep the phone on speed dial to 911 and have a barricade do not go into a weaver stance or ISO in real life it is point shooting. Never pull that trigger unless the threat is imminent. Be very loud as in given commands so you can wake up others and they can hear you. Just some tips.
    S/F Vic

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran ComSec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lees Summit, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    444

    Post imported post

    WOOT

    :whatid you ask for a slerpy / oh wait wrong Indian

    :celebratenice work



    unfortunately my wife just rolls her eye when I mention a game plan

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    caldwell, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    451

    Post imported post

    hey rec.. while i lived at budget suites of america in mesa. (8th ave and dobson)

    i had two guys push my door open while i was trying to shut it.. this happened in feb 2009.. i was able to draw and stop the first guy in his tracks. they ended up running away and were never caught

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    , Texas, USA
    Posts
    277

    Post imported post

    Good work sir. It's nice that some communities are still just that. Communities. I told my neighbors if they ever need anything to just shout. Again, I'm glad that you were able to help. This was one of the best shoots possible, the one that didn't happen.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mesa Az., , USA
    Posts
    174

    Post imported post

    Hiredgun30 wrote:
    hey rec.. while i lived at budget suites of america in mesa. (8th ave and dobson)

    i had two guys push my door open while i was trying to shut it.. this happened¬* in feb 2009..¬* i was able to draw and stop the first guy in his tracks. they ended up running away and were never caught
    We live less then a mile apart I live on Longmore, and going shooting soon at Scottsdale in a few.
    S/F Vic

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Warner Robins, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    126

    Post imported post

    reconvic wrote:
    I gave him a loud command to stop or I would drop him and he turned and seen the light and .45 aimed and him, I had him kneel and kept myself at around 8 feet from him and told him I could not miss him at this range blindfolded in a strong voice.
    Always make sure you can see them if they are have a weapon ( he had a large knife) Keep the phone on speed dial to 911 and have a barricade do not go into a weaver stance or ISO in real life it is point shooting.
    From all the training I've recieved in the Mil I've always been told it's best to stay at least 21' away. An average person can get to you at 8 in less than a second, and if his has a knife I would definitely worry about that. A .45 is nice, but won't always stop a big ol' indian with a knife. I'd go with a nice 12ga.

    Overall, good job, stay safe.

  7. #7
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    958

    Post imported post

    I asked if they (Police) wanted to see my CCW, they said no and thanked me for Stopping him he was very drunk and taken away
    HEY, all you **subjects** living in Illinois, New Jersey, New York, Kalynforniya, Maryland and Masschuettes.......that is how Arizona Police treat our gun toting **citizens**.

    :celebrate:celebrate

  8. #8
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    'They'd have a coronary in those States.

    Er... 'Demokratik Socialist Peoples Republiks'

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran XD-GEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    722

    Post imported post

    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    'They'd have a coronary in those States.

    Er... 'Demokratik Socialist Peoples Republiks'
    I think perhaps they would hold free public seminars on the injustice of violently confronting an alcholicly impaired Native American exercising his historic and cultural sangfroid against oppresive and repressively bourgeois apartment dwellers.

  10. #10
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    How did this get to be a rant on Native Americans? Did his race have anything to do with this story? Besides the second ammendment is one many natives are supportive of. And lets not forget that most our constitution and new world idealogies that are being destroyed now were "borrowed" from native ideology.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  11. #11
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    XD-GEM wrote:
    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    'They'd have a coronary in those States.

    Er... 'Demokratik Socialist Peoples Republiks'
    I think perhaps they would hold free public seminars on the injustice of violently confronting an alcholicly impaired Native American exercising his historic and cultural sangfroid against oppresive and repressively bourgeois apartment dwellers.
    LMAO!

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran XD-GEM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    722

    Post imported post

    sudden valley gunner wrote:
    How did this get to be a rant on Native Americans? Did his race have anything to do with this story? Besides the second ammendment is one many natives are supportive of. And lets not forget that most our constitution and new world idealogies that are being destroyed now were "borrowed" from native ideology.
    Dude, it's a riff on "liberalspeak," not anything against Native Americans. Just look at it and imagine hearing someonefrom the University of Chicago (or Berkely, etc.)reciting the line.

    Sonora gets it. Perhaps I should have added a smiley?

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    Actually, I eat in Berkeley fairly often, and I can assure you that, silly as it was, your statement was far more lucid than the stuff that spews out of the average Berkeley student.

    That's one school I am not impressed with.

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lobelville, Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    2,615

    Post imported post

    marshaul wrote:
    Actually, I eat in Berkeley fairly often, and I can assure you that, silly as it was, your statement was far more lucid than the stuff that spews out of the average Berkeley student.

    That's one school I am not impressed with.
    I believe that at Berkley, the concept of "higher Learning" was somewhat misconstrued. They've enterpreted it as meaning learning to role a joint, while totally stoned.

  15. #15
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338

    Post imported post

    XD-GEM wrote:
    sudden valley gunner wrote:
    How did this get to be a rant on Native Americans? Did his race have anything to do with this story? Besides the second ammendment is one many natives are supportive of. And lets not forget that most our constitution and new world idealogies that are being destroyed now were "borrowed" from native ideology.
    Dude, it's a riff on "liberalspeak," not anything against Native Americans. Just look at it and imagine hearing someonefrom the University of Chicago (or Berkely, etc.)reciting the line.

    Sonora gets it. Perhaps I should have added a smiley?
    OK I get it now....maybe stating liberalspeak ...on the post would have helped....lol. I am not politically correct person myself....sometimes sarcasm doesn't get through in online forums very well.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •