Thread: Voice recorder

Post imported post

Hey all, I need to get a voice recorder tomorrow. Are there any particular features I should look for? Can you recomend a model?

Thanks,

Geoff

Post imported post

Olympus VN-3200PC from Radio shack about $50.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Post imported post

What do you like/dislike about it?

g

Post imported post

I own an Olympus Pearlicorder J300 pocket size and voice activated and works on a small cassette, good to have handy many times. I have had mine foe some time but works like a gem I do know it was under 50.00
    S/F Vic

Post imported post

Works great, my only complaint is that it needs a clip or something to hold it upright in my shirt pocket.
    Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Post imported post

I wore a suit with the DOD and carried mine in my shirt pocket.No clip.
    S/F Vic

Post imported post

I use a SanDisk Sansa e260 mp3 player for double duty. When it's on, it has a one-touch voice recording feature. Even if it's in the middle of playing a song, it will immediately switch roles from player to recorder at the touch of the button. The mic is very sensitive. The only caveat is it doesn't have one-touch from "off". You still have to turn it on first to use it.

Post imported post

Anyone have a Olympus VN-4100PC and getting the ERR message on the screen? I found the fix for it, the bad news is that anything recorded on it will be lost in fixing it.

The ERR message can only be corrected by holding in the DISP/MENU and STOP buttons for two seconds, which results in all the material on the recorder being erased. It will say (FOR) for a few minutes while it is erasing everything, then will work again. Solution found at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Olympus-VN-2.../dp/B000V3NTEU

Edit: this fix seems to work with all Olympus recorders with the ERR message.

Campaign Veteran Lurkus Maximus's Avatar

Post imported post

Has anyone tried any of the Voice Recording services that work through your cell phone and record to a server storage system? The recording becomes secure off your person and CAN'T be accessed or deleted by someone on scene other than you. Just curious.

http://www.callrecordercard.com/

-----------------------------
    "Get a shot off fast. This upsets him long enough to let you make your second shot perfect." Lazarus Long

Post imported post

My Sony P620 fits perfectly and stays put in a spare mag carrier for my 229.