• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Voice recorder

Geoff

imported post

Hey all, I need to get a voice recorder tomorrow. Are there any particular features I should look for? Can you recomend a model?

Thanks,

Geoff

reconvic

imported post

I own an Olympus Pearlicorder J300 pocket size and voice activated and works on a small cassette, good to have handy many times. I have had mine foe some time but works like a gem I do know it was under 50.00
S/F Vic

jeeper1

imported post

Works great, my only complaint is that it needs a clip or something to hold it upright in my shirt pocket.

CoonDog

imported post

I use a SanDisk Sansa e260 mp3 player for double duty. When it's on, it has a one-touch voice recording feature. Even if it's in the middle of playing a song, it will immediately switch roles from player to recorder at the touch of the button. The mic is very sensitive. The only caveat is it doesn't have one-touch from "off". You still have to turn it on first to use it.

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Anyone have a Olympus VN-4100PC and getting the ERR message on the screen? I found the fix for it, the bad news is that anything recorded on it will be lost in fixing it.

The ERR message can only be corrected by holding in the DISP/MENU and STOP buttons for two seconds, which results in all the material on the recorder being erased. It will say (FOR) for a few minutes while it is erasing everything, then will work again. Solution found at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Olympus-VN-2100-Digital-Recorder-microphone/dp/B000V3NTEU

Edit: this fix seems to work with all Olympus recorders with the ERR message.