• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Private property in Maryland

Jonesy

imported post

Hello all you friendly Maryland members, I hope one of you can help me out. My brother in law lives in Bethesda, Marylandand owns a couple of handguns and a rifle. I have been asked to go shooting on a 20 acre piece of property his friend owns in a rural area. I do not yet have a Virginia CWP, but OC frequently.

Can someone please give me a quick primer on travel into Maryland from Virginia with my handgun (is unloaded in trunk good enough?, does it need to be in locked container in trunk?), and do I have any worries shooting on private property with permission of owner? Thanks in advance for any help. ;)