• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

4th of July Tea Party

Outsider

imported post

4th of July Tea Party
Presented by Tea Party Patriots

Layton Tea Party
Layton , Utah
Saturday, July 4, 2009
2 pm -4 pm
Pavilion next to City Offices
437 North Wasatch Drive
Richard M. Allen (organizer)
801 544-9983 (organizer phone)

Ogden Tea Party
Ogden, Utah
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Start around 1200
email for details
email for details
Craig Bowden (organizer)
(801)920 0328 (organizer phone)

Patriots Day Tea Party
Orem, Utah
Saturday, July 4, 2009
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Lakeridge Junior High Football Field
951 South 400 West
Candace E. Salima (organizer)
801-358-6213 (organizer phone)

Utah Independence Day Tea Party
Provo, Utah
Saturday, July 4, 2009
11:00 a.m.
Pioneer Park
500 West Center Street
David Kirkham (organizer)
801-318-7644 (organizer phone)

Independance Day Tea Party - JULY 4TH NATIONWIDE TAX DAY TEA PARTY
Salt Lake City, Utah
Saturday, July 4, 2009
1:00pm-4:00 pm
Utah state capitol building
350 N State Street
George Gigante (organizer)
801-548-1443 (organizer phone)

INDEPENDENCE DAY TEA PARTY
St. George, Utah
Saturday, July 4, 2009
9:00 AM
Vernon Worthen Park
400 E 400 S
Rinda Hunter (organizer)
435 652-5854 (organizer phone)

URL: http://teapartypatriots.org/?state=Utah

I will be attending the one in Orem and open carrying. Anyone want to OC with me!?

b1ack5mith

imported post

glad you posted this! mom and i were already going to go :)

any schools within 1000' of pioneer park? ill have to check it out. who else will be at the one in provo? (P.S. bring some fireworks!!!)

b1ack5mith

imported post

mom works 4th of july so itll only be trev, dad and i (and i can only carry a holster, which islame so i wont even do that) weel be @ the one in provo

outsider, what will you be carrying? (so ill be able to spot ya!)

Francis Marion

imported post

I have been invited to drive my new MUTT in Provo's parade and also will be attending the Stadium of Fire so a few hours at Pioneer Park will help fill the time between events. I'll be wearing my uniform thrown back to match my 1968 military vehicle and OCing my 1911 on a web belt.

Francis Marion

imported post

The Provo party listed just says 11:00 AM and the parade will not likely be over before then but I will try to show up as soon as I finish with the parade. I shouldn't be hard to find wearing my Jungle Fatigues.

As far as Edwards Stadium goes, I will likely be participating as a reenactor at their invitation and a 1911 is part of the costume. BTW, with Glenn Beck MCing the Stadium of Fire, has anyone invited him to one of our parties?

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Okay my bad I looked at the location of pioneer park. Two different places my pioneer park is in SLC UT yours is in provo. So Is anyone going to attend the event in SLC UT on 04July2009

b1ack5mith

imported post

Francis Marion wrote:
The Provo party listed just says 11:00 AM and the parade will not likely be over before then but I will try to show up as soon as I finish with the parade. I shouldn't be hard to find wearing my Jungle Fatigues.

As far as Edwards Stadium goes, I will likely be participating as a reenactor at their invitation and a 1911 is part of the costume. BTW, with Glenn Beck MCing the Stadium of Fire, has anyone invited him to one of our parties?
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT... WHERE is this place... WHAT day... WHEN can i see Glenn Beck!?!? i freakin love that guy, he says it the way it is

Francis Marion

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
Francis Marion wrote:

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT... WHERE is this place... WHAT day... WHEN can i see Glenn Beck!?!? i freakin love that guy, he says it the way it is
Lavell Edwards (BYU) Stadium on the 4th of July http://www.freedomfestival.org/public/stadium

They do it every year and Glenn Beck has hosted it several times over the past few years. At least I know he did last year. I have a 14 yr old niece who wanted to go last year when Miley Cyrus was the headliner just like every other teenage girl only her reason for going was to hear Glenn Beck.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

I was at the OREM TEA PARTY, open carrying as usual. Didn't see ANYONE ELSE THERE OPENCARRYING EXCEPT an old veteran with a modified rifle stock and a 6 fool tube about 1.5 inches in diameter plugged on the end!

Got there just a little early, about 9:30 and left at 13:45 about. Good day! Only had one person mention the firearm and that was to ask if there was a serpa made for a 1911... I assured him there was, since I have one!

b1ack5mith

imported post

was at provo tea party, didnt see any other OCers becides an army vet carrying a 1911 in an old styleholster. i couldnt OC because the school 500' away :/ (its strange, nowhere in the constitution do i see that it is illegal to carry a firearm near a school... i guess ill have to KEEP looking :()

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
was at provo tea party, didnt see any other OCers becides an army vet carrying a 1911 in an old styleholster. i couldnt OC because the school 500' away :/ (its strange, nowhere in the constitution do i see that it is illegal to carry a firearm near a school... i guess ill have to KEEP looking :()
Sorry, I planned on being there but I didn't get back to the 786th headquarters until 11:30 and it would have been to late. Did you guys see the parade?

b1ack5mith

imported post

no :( we didnt even get to the tea party till like 11 somethin :(

BUT! jason chaffetz was there, and that guy is freakin awesome! hes right on about everything, ive never disagreed with a THING hes said :D

Francis Marion

imported post

I literally followed the end of the parade to 100 No. before finding an exit from the parade route and arrive at the park right at 11:00. They were just setting up the sound system and didn't get started until after 12:00. You should have showed up late like everyone else did.

Chaffetz was great; it's comforting knowing he represents me in D.C. I also noticed during the parade that there is a lot of competition for Provo's mayor. I don't know the current mayors record but he impressed me with his speech. In all, a real good get-together.

packingmama

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Francis Marion wrote:
They were just setting up the sound system and didn't get started until after 12:00. You should have showed up late like everyone else did.
I wish I would have known! I thought for sure they would have been done. :cry: Oh well I guess there is always next time. :)