Thread: OC-ok for customers, not for employees.

Anti-urban, Bible thumping, Tekonsha, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Well, I wondered when the storeI work atwould receive enough customer complaints on my OC of a firearmfor my boss to ask me to conceal. He pulled me aside,a couple of days before he left on vacation, and said while he supported OC , he had enough people express their being uncomfortable shopping where an employee was allowed to, that he had to ask me to conceal. I asked him if he would still allow customers to OC and he said he would. So win some lose some. I did like that he told the people that complained that probably as many people came here because I did OC. I still wear my MOC/Guns Save Lives button.
    "Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death !" Patrick Henry

Post imported post

Sounds reasonable since he didn't ask you to not carry just conceal. I could live with that.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Yea that's a LOT better than most employers. At least you can carry while at work CC is better than NC (no carry)

Post imported post

Where do you work? I work for my dad in manufacturing and he is all about guns. But still I can't OC or CC. I bring guns to work and shoot all the time but off the clock. I'm pretty sure I can't for insurance proposes. I guess he doesn't want to have to pay for the court fees and lawsuits that may be incurred by lawful self defense. I'm OK with it because he always has a few gun on him and in his office, Desert Eagle, and a few 1911's among others.

Post imported post

If he is carrying then why would it make any diff?? He shoots someone you shoot someone...as long as it is a good shoot there would be no civil case!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

dead men tell no story's!!!!

Post imported post

I know he was just being weird about it. Oh well. I work around a lot of steel shavings and dirty crap so I wouldn't anyway usually cuz I wouldn't wana ruin my guns.

Post imported post

do you have your CPL? I would just carry concealed at work. Or you could use a flap military holster.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Ya I do. Even CC my pockets fill up with metal debris I am alright with not Carrying at work though. My dad is kinda like armed security.

Post imported post

IWB with you shirt tucked over it is the only way to go in that environment...