• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC-ok for customers, not for employees.

MI-copperhead

Anti-urban, Bible thumping, Tekonsha, Michigan, US
imported post

Well, I wondered when the storeI work atwould receive enough customer complaints on my OC of a firearmfor my boss to ask me to conceal. He pulled me aside,a couple of days before he left on vacation, and said while he supported OC , he had enough people express their being uncomfortable shopping where an employee was allowed to, that he had to ask me to conceal. I asked him if he would still allow customers to OC and he said he would. So win some lose some. I did like that he told the people that complained that probably as many people came here because I did OC. I still wear my MOC/Guns Save Lives button.

Smoothsounds21

imported post

Where do you work? I work for my dad in manufacturing and he is all about guns. But still I can't OC or CC. I bring guns to work and shoot all the time but off the clock. I'm pretty sure I can't for insurance proposes. I guess he doesn't want to have to pay for the court fees and lawsuits that may be incurred by lawful self defense. I'm OK with it because he always has a few gun on him and in his office, Desert Eagle, and a few 1911's among others.