Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OCing on the 4th of July

Post imported post

I just want to remind everyone here that the 4th of July is an excellent time to OC. I plan on being in Grand Rapids for events and am planning to head to Riverside Park for the Tea Party.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Post imported post

I plan on ocen at the fireworks in jackson on the 3rd

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Keweenaw for me, Michigan's other peninsula.springerdave.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

springerdave wrote:
    Keweenaw for me, Michigan's other peninsula.springerdave.
    I'm jealous, no place better on earth. Besides maybe Vegas :celebrate

Post imported post

As my dear departed cousin would say, "jealousy will get you nothin', but two tanks of gas will get you to Lake Linden for the best "up north" fireworks display.springerdave.

Post imported post

springerdave wrote:
    As my dear departed cousin would say, "jealousy will get you nothin', but two tanks of gas will get you to Lake Linden for the best "up north" fireworks display.springerdave.
    What is this up north you speak of?

Post imported post

Take your map out and look at all the area of northern Michigan between M-55 and Lake Superior, you pretty much got it!:celebrate. Das ist "Up North".springerdave.

Post imported post

there is alot of area south of m55 that is still considered up north!
    i only live maybe 9 mile north of 55 and 2 1/2 miles west of 65

i think the 4th will be my virgin run out into public!

i'm a little nervous....wish me luck!

Post imported post

I was in the Petoskey/Charlevoix area this past week, and found out how confused people are in that area. "Up North" is anywhere NORTH of the bridge, "Downstate" is anywhere SOUTH of the bridge.

I saw many businesses that were named "Up North" this, or "Up North" that...

Remember the first two letters in "Up North" are U.P.....not L.P.

Springerdave, where in Lake Linden is a good place to watch? I've only ever gone to the Houghton (back when they had them on the 4th), or South Range fireworks.
    Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

cabman1 wrote:
    I plan on ocen at the fireworks in jackson on the 3rd
    Me too

Post imported post

if only we had a banner

Post imported post

Yooper, turn in Lake Linden toward Bootjack, there is an open area at the end of the road that heads back to Gay. Park facing the lake and enjoy!springerdave.

Post imported post

The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

http://www.generalnewsgroup.com/

Post imported post

springerdave wrote:
    Yooper, turn in Lake Linden toward Bootjack, there is an open area at the end of the road that heads back to Gay. Park facing the lake and enjoy!springerdave.
    At the end of Bootjack? or do you mean the area where Traprock Valley rd turns off of Bootjack? I'm pretty sure there's an open area there

Lavere.......funny!!!
    Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

http://www.generalnewsgroup.com/

Post imported post

Sweet! My cottage is "technically" up north!

I was just kidding about where "up north" is though. People from others states don't usually use the up north when referring to cities north of them. Now people from prison, or that have friends/family in prison....that's another matter

Post imported post

I plan on OCing at the Battle Creek air show the wkend of the 4th. Sure to get someone's attention!
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

LMAO that's good stuff, love the maps!

Post imported post

Yooper, yes Traprock Valley Road. LaVere, I feel inferior now 'cuse I now know that I live in the REST OF THE STATE.springerdave.

Anti-urban, Bible thumping, Tekonsha, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I will be OCing at the Tea Party in Coldwater on the 4th
    "Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death !" Patrick Henry

Post imported post

Dang, I guess I've been wrong all this time..... Here's how I thought it went.

(Disclaimer: All in good fun....take with a grain (or 2) of salt!)

Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

Hey now, easy there - I'm in Paw Paw, SW Mich, and I think most of us would have a fit with being called anything related to Detroit! Detroit subdivision - no way! You forgot a divider running north/south thru Mt. Pleasant. I'm on the better (WEST) side of the state. Anthing east of that line is Detroit!!
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Post imported post

Hey Yooper isn't that up NORT???
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

hopnpop wrote:
    Hey now, easy there - I'm in Paw Paw, SW Mich, and I think most of us would have a fit with being called anything related to Detroit! Detroit subdivision - no way! You forgot a divider running north/south thru Mt. Pleasant. I'm on the better (WEST) side of the state. Anthing east of that line is Detroit!!
    I agree... I've only been through Detroit on my way to Canada a few times, never actually stopped. Been to Novi once and Farmington Hills one time too. One to two times in 40+ years hardly seems to be close enough to qualify. I think that west of 131 is West Michigan, everything east is "another world".

West Michigan seems to be connected to Chicagoland, but really only as a vacation/retirement destination for those to escape from the repressive regime of Mayor Daley (and we do have a quite a few Cubs fans). People from Indiana too, they seem to like the fact that there are actually beaches here.

"Up north" to people from GR starts about Newaygo/Fremont (M46) but seems to be changing to an M20 boundary as more people are commuting from former "cottages" to jobs in GR.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Post imported post

DrTodd wrote:
    hopnpop wrote:
    I agree... I've only been through Detroit on my way to Canada a few times, never actually stopped. Been to Novi once and Farmington Hills one time too. One to two times in 40+ years hardly seems to be close enough to qualify. I think that west of 131 is West Michigan, everything east is "another world".

West Michigan seems to be connected to Chicagoland, but really only as a vacation/retirement destination for those to escape from the repressive regime of Mayor Daley (and we do have a quite a few Cubs fans). People from Indiana too, they seem to like the fact that there are actually beaches here.

"Up north" to people from GR starts about Newaygo/Fremont (M46) but seems to be changing to an M20 boundary as more people are commuting from former "cottages" to jobs in GR.

Sounds bout right I'd extend the 131 line to about M66 tho. Close enough!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast