• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing on the 4th of July

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
imported post

I just want to remind everyone here that the 4th of July is an excellent time to OC. I plan on being in Grand Rapids for events and am planning to head to Riverside Park for the Tea Party.

T Vance

imported post

springerdave wrote:
As my dear departed cousin would say, "jealousy will get you nothin', but two tanks of gas will get you to Lake Linden for the best "up north" fireworks display.springerdave.
What is this up north you speak of? :lol:

joe_robi

imported post

there is alot of area south of m55 that is still considered up north!
i only live maybe 9 mile north of 55 and 2 1/2 miles west of 65

i think the 4th will be my virgin run out into public!

i'm a little nervous....wish me luck!

Yooper

imported post

I was in the Petoskey/Charlevoix area this past week, and found out how confused people are in that area. "Up North" is anywhere NORTH of the bridge, "Downstate" is anywhere SOUTH of the bridge.

I saw many businesses that were named "Up North" this, or "Up North" that...

Remember the first two letters in "Up North" are U.P.....not L.P. :D

Springerdave, where in Lake Linden is a good place to watch? I've only ever gone to the Houghton (back when they had them on the 4th), or South Range fireworks.

LaVere

imported post

3670914173_2ff51627a5_o.jpg

Yooper

imported post

springerdave wrote:
Yooper, turn in Lake Linden toward Bootjack, there is an open area at the end of the road that heads back to Gay. Park facing the lake and enjoy!springerdave.
At the end of Bootjack? or do you mean the area where Traprock Valley rd turns off of Bootjack? I'm pretty sure there's an open area there

Lavere.......funny!!!

T Vance

imported post

Sweet! My cottage is "technically" up north!

I was just kidding about where "up north" is though. People from others states don't usually use the up north when referring to cities north of them. Now people from prison, or that have friends/family in prison....that's another matter :lol: