Thread: OC Fixed Blade in Colorado Springs?

Post imported post

I'm not old enough to legally openly carry a firearm, soI thought about OCing a knife and the other day I saw a guy in Manitou OCing a 1911 and afixed blade. SoI looked up whether its legal or not to OC afixed bladein Colorado Springs and I couldn't find anything saying it wasn't so is it legal in the springs?

I'm pretty sure it is legalbut I would just like a second opinion before I do (if I do), thanks in advance.

Centurion

Post imported post

Zapato de Amarillo wrote:
    I'm not old enough to legally openly carry a firearm, soI thought about OCing a knife and the other day I saw a guy in Manitou OCing a 1911 and afixed blade. SoI looked up whether its legal or not to OC afixed bladein Colorado Springs and I couldn't find anything saying it wasn't so is it legal in the springs?

I'm pretty sure it is legalbut I would just like a second opinion before I do (if I do), thanks in advance.
    How old are you? It maymake a difference if you are a minor.

Post imported post

The only restriction for OCI can find in the City Codeis 9.7.103:

A.It is unlawful for any person to sell, display, use, possess or carry any switchblade or gravity knife or blackjack. Any weapon is declared to be contraband and shall be destroyed.

B.It is unlawful to knowingly display a firearm or other dangerous or deadly weapon, or any object resembling same which is intended by the actor to intimidate, threaten, alarm or frighten any person.

C.For purposes of this section, "display" means any opening, or unfolding, manifestation, exhibition, ostentatious showing, or exhibition for effect meant to intimidate, threaten, alarm, or frighten any person.

D.It shall be an affirmative defense that the actor displayed the weapon in self-defense, or to defend another person, or to defend the actor's premises or property. All other applicable State defenses apply.

Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA

Post imported post

Any blade over 3.5 inches must be openly carried. There are no age restrictions on the carry of edged weapons.

Post imported post

Thanks for the good information.

Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA

Post imported post

Zapato de Amarillo wrote:
    I'm not old enough to legally openly carry a firearm...
    To the best of my knowledge, long gun OC has no age restrictions. Only handguns are disallowed in the hands of minors (those under 18).