• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Fixed Blade in Colorado Springs?

Zapato de Amarillo

imported post

I'm not old enough to legally openly carry a firearm, soI thought about OCing a knife and the other day I saw a guy in Manitou OCing a 1911 and afixed blade. SoI looked up whether its legal or not to OC afixed bladein Colorado Springs and I couldn't find anything saying it wasn't so is it legal in the springs?

I'm pretty sure it is legalbut I would just like a second opinion before I do (if I do), thanks in advance.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
imported post

Zapato de Amarillo wrote:
I'm not old enough to legally openly carry a firearm, soI thought about OCing a knife and the other day I saw a guy in Manitou OCing a 1911 and afixed blade. SoI looked up whether its legal or not to OC afixed bladein Colorado Springs and I couldn't find anything saying it wasn't so is it legal in the springs?

I'm pretty sure it is legalbut I would just like a second opinion before I do (if I do), thanks in advance.
How old are you? It maymake a difference if you are a minor.

Flyer22

imported post

The only restriction for OCI can find in the City Codeis 9.7.103:

A.It is unlawful for any person to sell, display, use, possess or carry any switchblade or gravity knife or blackjack. Any weapon is declared to be contraband and shall be destroyed.

B.It is unlawful to knowingly display a firearm or other dangerous or deadly weapon, or any object resembling same which is intended by the actor to intimidate, threaten, alarm or frighten any person.

C.For purposes of this section, "display" means any opening, or unfolding, manifestation, exhibition, ostentatious showing, or exhibition for effect meant to intimidate, threaten, alarm, or frighten any person.

D.It shall be an affirmative defense that the actor displayed the weapon in self-defense, or to defend another person, or to defend the actor's premises or property. All other applicable State defenses apply.