• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Protest Luncheon on Tues. June 30th

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

We need to get the fall Republican Roundup moved from anti-gun Innsbrook for future such events.

Va-Alert 6-26-09

This Tuesday, June 30th, at 12:30 PM, the Goochland Republicans are
planning a luncheon at Enzo's restaurant in Manakin Sabot. We need as
many people to attend as we can get.

**The speaker is going to be Linwood Cobb.**

Who is Linwood Cobb?

Linwood is the 7th District chairman who, year after year, has
selected anti-gun Innsbrook as the location to hold the annual
Republican Roundup.

VCDL has raised the issue of moving the Roundup to a gun-friendly
location with Linwood year and year and he has simply ignored us.

This year we won't be ignored and we are already in the planning
stages of a protest for the Roundup in October. More on that in
future alerts.

The Roundup is held primarily for Congressman Eric Cantor and Virginia
House Delegate Bill Janus. Both Cantor and Janus need to help put an
end to this de facto "no guns" policy.

Tuesday, we need members to show up at the luncheon, which is open to
the public, to show support for VCDL as we ask Linwood during the
question and answer segment why he is putting alcohol over the values
and safety of Republican gun owners. (Innsbrook allows alcohol on
their grounds and that is why Linwood claims the location is so
important that he's willing to accept Innsbrook's "no guns" policy.)

If you wish to eat at the buffet on Tuesday, the cost is $8.75.
Otherwise there is no cost to attend.

The luncheon will last no more than 90 minutes.

Enzo's address:

36 Broad Street Rd
Manakin Sabot, VA 23103
(804) 784-2962

I'll be there around 12:15 to handout Guns Save Lives stickers.

Count me in - will be there and cleaned up too. :)

PS - Bolding is my emphasis

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Lets Pack the place and ask WHY?????

This Tuesday, June 30th, at 12:30 PM, the Goochland Republicans are planning a luncheon at Enzo's restaurant in Manakin Sabot. We need as many people to attend as we can get.

**The speaker is going to be Linwood Cobb.**

Who is Linwood Cobb?

Linwood is the 7th District chairman who, year after year, has selected anti-gun Innsbrook as the location to hold the annual Republican Roundup.

VCDL has raised the issue of moving the Roundup to a gun-friendly location with Linwood year and year and he has simply ignored us.

This year we won't be ignored and we are already in the planning stages of a protest for the Roundup in October. More on that in future alerts.

The Roundup is held primarily for Congressman Eric Cantor and Virginia House Delegate Bill Janus. Both Cantor and Janus need to help put an end to this de facto "no guns" policy.

Tuesday, we need members to show up at the luncheon, which is open to the public, to show support for VCDL as we ask Linwood during the question and answer segment why he is putting alcohol over the values and safety of Republican gun owners. (Innsbrook allows alcohol on their grounds and that is why Linwood claims the location is so important that he's willing to accept Innsbrook's "no guns" policy.)

If you wish to eat at the buffet on Tuesday, the cost is $8.75.
Otherwise there is no cost to attend.

The luncheon will last no more than 90 minutes.

Enzo's address:

36 Broad Street Rd
Manakin Sabot, VA 23103
(804) 784-2962

I'll be there around 12:15 to handout Guns Save Lives stickers.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot mentioned to me that the turnout may be low because it is a workday lunch. This could be an important step though.

For those that are interested in the issue but can't come, I set up an email account

innsbrook@oldva.org

Email me your opinion and I will print them and make sure they get passed on.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
SNIP Simultaneous postings - I say let 'em both stand.
You just like that catchy word in the name of the town--sabot. :)
Watch the little "manakin" - Pfiissssst - Kab....... :lol:

Yata hey

Hint: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/manakin
(I know I'm gonna regret this but I'm gonna say it anyway.)

Well, yes. You are right.

Given your taste in mixing grey plaid and stitched leather, I think there is probably another definition that fits better, and probably appealsto you more than the word sabot:

2. manakin - a life-size dummy used to display clothes

(Thanks for the link!)

:D

Ohmy. Look at the time. Gotta go. Y'all have a good evening. See ya later. Bye.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Grapeshot mentioned to me that the turnout may be low because it is a workday lunch. This could be an important step though.

For those that are interested in the issue but can't come, I set up an email account

innsbrook@oldva.org

Email me your opinion and I will print them and make sure they get passed on.
Great suggestion - That's actually delivering the mail!

Keep your emails polite and to the point - remember you will be representing all citizens favoring RKBA - image and style are important.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Citizen wrote:

Hit and run at the first sign of the big guns do you.

Lesson for tomorrow: define mannequin then compare to manakin.

I can lead you to water but you then must "drink or swim" on your own. :D

So back OT, are you coming to the luncheon? You skipped out on dinner.

Yata hey

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Citizen wrote:

SNIP Lesson for tomorrow: define mannequin then compare to manakin.
I wasn't talking about a mannequin. I was talking about a dummy. :D

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Looks like someone in the restaurant community is interested. I don't know if that's good or bad.

http://restaurant.newsdropper.com/?p=3547

Old Virginia News» Blog Archive » VCDL will ask the Republican … Posted by in UncategorizedJun 27th, 2009 | no responses unknown wrote an interesting post today on
Here’s a quick excerpt
VCDL Alert. This Tuesday, June 30th, at 12:30 PM, the Goochland Republicans are planning a luncheon at Enzo’s restaurant in Manakin Sabot. We need as many people to attend as we can get. **The speaker is going to be Linwood Cobb. … Linwood is the 7th District chairman who, year after year, has selected anti-gun Innsbrook as the location to hold the annual Republican Roundup. VCDL has raised the issue of moving the Roundup to a gun-friendly location with Linwood year and …
Read the rest of this great post here
[align=center] [/align]

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Same brokey result - still goes to Old Va. blog without reference to restaurant community. :( Maybe my linky clicky devise is too loose.

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Same brokey result - still goes to Old Va. blog without reference to restaurant community. :( Maybe my linky clicky devise is too loose.

Yata hey
No, that's restaurant.newsdropper.com/ which has part of the post from Old Va and a link to the story.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
peter nap wrote:
No, that's restaurant.newsdropper.com/ which has part of the post from Old Va and a link to the story.
Sorry did not look at the URL - the posting was identical to Old Va's. My bad.

Yata hey

Skeptic

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It is appalling that the party takes our support for granted so much that they expect us to be second class citizens at this event, in one of the most conservative districts around.

I specifically have avoided this event in the past because of their policy - despite the fact that it is right near my office, and I live in that district Mr. Cantor and Mr. Janis are my representative and delegate.

I have donated to them and to many other party candidates, including Bob McDonnell, and I have called and spoken to neighbors, friends and family and explained issues to them, to garner more votes.

And I have to tell you, this treatment blunts my enthusiasm for further support of any sort.

I should also add - I will see if I can make it. I had plans I will try to change; if not I will be sending Peter an email for him to present.

curtiswr

imported post

Have people returned from this yet? How did it go?

I would have liked to come but two people sharing a car gets in the way of scheduling events sometimes. :?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

curtiswr wrote:
Have people returned from this yet? How did it go?

I would have liked to come but two people sharing a car gets in the way of scheduling events sometimes. :?
http://news.oldva.org/uncategorized/the-republican-party-needs-a-good-housecleaning/

The Republican Party Needs a Good Housecleaning

Ever wonder why the Republicans have had so much trouble lately. Well….there are a lot of reasons. George Bush is a big one. But looking at it on a state and local level, it goes deeper. Right into the belly of the beast.
For those that don’t know the story, Jerry Kilgore handed Virginia Tim Kaine on a silver platter. Kilgore’s campain manager insulted Virginia gun owners. That’s an easy way to NOT get elected…and he wasn’t. This is just one example of Republican Faux Pas that have cost them seats in Virginia.
For the first time in a long while, the Republicans have three good candidates for the top offices. The replacement for Frank Hargrove is still a coin toss but I can’t see him being any worse than Frank.
Back to the Governor, Lt. Governor and Attorney General. There is a real chance of a grand slam and all three show promise as GOOD custodians of the public trust. So what’s the problem you ask?
The problem is, the party has a cancer growing in the Virginia body. The symptoms are arrogance, conceit and shallow self indulgence.
I went to The Goochland Republican Meeting today at Enzo’s Restaurant. Linwood Cobb, 7th district Chairman was the speaker. Mr Cobb has selected Innsbrook for years, as the location for the Annual Republican Roundup. Innsbrook is anti gun.
Selecting this location is like the NAACP selecting a KKK Banquet hall for it’s award ceremony. Simply insulting!
I immediately spotted Mr. Cobb, even though I had never seen him. He had a Seersucker suit, a chest full of pins and a politicians plastic smile.
After the buffet, the speech makin commenced. Mr. Cobb talked about the goals of the 7th District, their contributions to candidates, how they needed to get into the burbs and reform those Obama people….and the Annual Roundup.
The room looked like an Orange (Guns save lives) sticker factory and Mr. Cobb was talking about snubbing Gun owners at their soiree.
He (Cobb) said the location was convenient to 64 and had a sound system and facilities.
When questioned by VCDL members about the possibility of using another facility, Cobb replied that there were no others that fit the need. Again VCDL members asked about the possibility of changing the venue if they could find a suitable place. One member had three locations in mind that only needed a sound system. He was dismissed with a quick “We’ll discuss it”.
Philip Van Cleave, President of The Virginia Citizens Defense League, warned Mr. Cobb that there may be a protest. Cobb said they had the right to do so but to remember that if it were not for the Republicans, they would have lost their second amendment privilege….Imagine that. The Republican party is the only reason we have a RIGHT…That’s guaranteed in both the State and Federal Constitution.
Will the arrogance never end.
If the Virginia Republican Party wants to succeed and prosper, they must cut this type of person from their ranks. Hopefully, the good people in the 7th district will insist on his removal.