• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

acronym list?

Glocked and Loaded

imported post

I am fairly new here and Have decided to Open Carry thanks to the information on ocdo.

But one thing that's bothering me is the insane amount of acronym's and I do not know how to figure out what they mean. ( I doubt I'm alone)

So if anybody would be kind enough to point out a thread that I cant find with a list of acronym's or make one it would really help me with understanding what is said in alot of post's.

Thank you.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It's kinda something you catch on to after using forums for quite some time. Alot of the acronyms aren't specific to this forum.

Marshaul referenced a good thread to understand quite a few of them. I didn't see 2 of them there though:

AFAIK (As far as I know)

YMMV (Your mileage may vary)

Good luck!:D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
It's kinda something you catch on to after using forums for quite some time. Alot of the acronyms aren't specific to this forum.

Marshaul referenced a good thread to understand quite a few of them. I didn't see 2 of them there though:

AFAIK (As far as I know)

YMMV (Your mileage may vary)

Good luck!:D
NRR = no reply required, primary use is in PMs to mods. ;)

Yata hey

Overtaxed

imported post

Abbreviation: FMJ (full Metal Jacket), OC (Open Carry), NFA (National Firearms Act)

Acronym: NASA, LASER

Both types are abbreviations, but acronyms are distinguished by the fact that they form a pronounceable word.

Good luck and welcome aboard!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Do you mean to say that FMJ is not a word?

It is in my dictionary. :lol:

Yaya hey

Glocked and Loaded

imported post

Awesome thank you for the responses.
I was able to find what had me confused within the posted link. Thank you.

And thank you for letting me know the difference between abbreviation and acronym I tend to learn something new every day.:D