• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC debate to be on radio program Sunday 6/28

RT48

imported post

This Sunday at 8pm on 1420AM, Jim Irvine will discuss open carry in Ohio and debate with those who oppose it. Scheduled guests include the acclaimed author and trainer Massad Ayoob and John Pierce, co-founder and spokesman of OpenCarry.org. Sergeant Tommy Shoulders of the Columbus Police Department will share his opposition to open carry.
Making a special appearance, Ohio Attorney General Richard Cordray will share his view on the legal issues of open carry.
If you can't get 1420AM on your radio, listen live online at Townhall.com.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/node/6752

Phssthpok

imported post

Curious...since I'm not local and couldn't listen on-line (dead sound card:banghead:), what take did Mas have on Open Carry?

autosurgeon

imported post

As usual Mas was against it and used the tired excuse that it is tactically unsound...

I have allot of respect for Mas but he is dead wrong on this one. A good offence is the best defense.. When the BG knows you are a hard target he tends to adjust IE move on. He doesn't know if you are just an armed average citezen or a highly trained off duty swat member... the point is he is most likely going to look for a less hardend target.

The whole myth of the gun grab on a civilian by a BG is also a farce... there is no documentation of it ever happening. One of our IN members had it happen while he was working as armed security in uniform but he was in a fixed location with a set schedule which made it easy and tempting for the BG to plan an attack.

On the other hand a citezen out doing errends tends to be much more spontanious and on the move which makes setting up a grab much harder.

Not to mention how much faster I can draw and get on target from an open carry holster. I also can draw with one hand without concern for snagging my shirt.

Bustelo5%

imported post

I have never heard of LE not openly carrying,nor Mps or of duty LEOS thats not even an option. And Leos are walking targets if you are to believe in the assumption that Oc is tacitly unsound,if that is so why are there not many more LE getting shot at? And I just wanted to add fuel to the fire so im gonna say it. If assult weapons Whatever those are IE any gun,but m16s or fully automatic rifles so dangerous then why in the states that allow them are there not more private wars against LE or your neighbors??
If you stop paying the people who are causing the problem then you can have a country of fed clothed and armed people.

UtahRSO

imported post

The LEO (Shoulders? was his name? Tommy, as Ayoob called him) was a nutjob. His argument was basically "You shouldn't have any RIGHT to carry because... because... I don't like it. And I'll detain you if I see you doing that... even though it's legal..."

And he really couldn't answer what he'd do if the person simply said, "It's my right!" Talk about a Nazi attitude! Paperen bitte.