• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is the purpose of singling out members?

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Mike wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
Without a doubt we need to get things rolling.
OK, we still need another $465 at least to run the green bar campaign. Your status shows no donations yet :(
Ok for two days I have stewed in this disgruntled state and I feel the need to voice my opinion, maybe for the last time on this web site.

I do not think it is right for ANY member of this forum to put someone out there for not contributing monetarily to any of these events without first talking to that member first in private.

Have I donated....NO. Now let me be the first to tell the forum why. I am waiting to find out the outcome of the state employee furlough. That's right believe it or not, I as a state employee am not rich. I do not have that tree growing in my yard that produces dollar bills.

Not saying that anyone that has contributed does, I am just making it clear that just because I am a state employee does not mean that I am better off then any of you. I as a State Correctional Sergeant make 5 to 7 dollars less an hour than county correctional sergeants do.

Right now I have to pinch every penny I have because I don't know what the outcome of Diamond Jim Doyles plan will be. It could mean layoffs in which case my mortgage and my families needs will come first as I am sure you will all agree.

For the moderators of this forum to come out and throw me under the bus in such a way is ridiculous and an insult. Look at how many of you hold the same membership status as I do.

I guess that means until all of you supporting members pay up then your thoughts, knowledge, opinions and ideas do not count.

In the quote above where I stated, "Without a doubt, we need to get things rolling." I was referring to getting members to email, the Bob and Tom Show.

I was not referring to getting any members to donate money as I have not yet done that myself. Therefore, I do not expect others to do something I have not done.

Do I want to donate? Hell Yes, and as soon as I find out just how much money Doyle is going to be taking from me, I will donate. In that, I will say, the purpose of my donation will be left up to me. Meaning, I will decide what I will donate for, whether it be a radio ad, to help out with legal fees, or to host a benefit for our cause. (Which I have some plans in the making for).

Until then I do not appreciate the personal attacks from anyone. I come here to learn and share my knowledge like everyone else. I thought that was the purpose of this site. If I am wrong then please tell me so I can go some where else where there isn't a hidden agenda.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

To the OP, [shrug] it's your money and you do what you want with it. I don't think and more or less of you based on your title. I look at your posts. Besides, you title isn't a very accurate way of seeing how much one has donated. I donated $25 weeks ago and never got a title change. As for a Mod singling you out...you'd have to talk to him. I have my own thoughts on the matter but I don't speak for him.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'll agree Glock here, I through in $50 bucks plus almost $2K for the La Crosse event and never had my status updated either.

I won't speak for others either, but I will say that I tend to ignore comments that "call people out."

Some of us donate money, others time researching, others time and money, and still others donate of themselves (unlawful detainment).

As long as we are all working in a positive way to advance our rights, that is sufficient.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Well, initially when my wife and I first signed the petition, she made a donation for us right after she signed for 25 dollars. I never noticed a status change for me either. I believe she made the donation as anonymous and that may be why and if so that is OK too. I did notice other member status' like Nik's, but I thought his status had something to do with the organization and not how much he contributed.

I think he was referring to me not donating to the radio ads.
I do want to contribute more, but until I know what is going on with my job that will be on hold

What about the state researchers and other status'?

All I know is that if members start getting pissed on for not giving money, the membership numbers will start to dwindle away with the way this economy is.

I have open carried for 20 years now and it has never cost me a cent.

I am not saying that advertising is not necessary, it is. But, why aren't we holding fund raisers for our cause? We should be holding raffles and fund raisers and keeping the revenues from such events to fund our cause, not giving them away for other causes.

I have spoken with a few gun dealers in my area that maybe willing to be sponsors for an event. Right now one of the shops is in the middle of transferring ownership so I was asked to hold off until then.

Sure it is great if we can donate to some kids clubs and stuff like that but we should also remember that if all of the proceeds are given away we can not help ourselves either.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

As for me, I think some people need to get used to the whole internet forum thing and stop reading into everything so deep. It's like as soon as somebody says something that could remotely contrived to be personal somepeople see a need toget all up-in-arms about it even if the comment wasn't meant that way. Welcome to the internet.....

Dude, seriously, this is like the 3rd time you've called someone out in a seperate post. One of them was me, but I'm not holding any grudges. Please, chill out and take it in stride a little.

Instead of immediately calling someone out PM them first. It's the same as asking someone nicely inthe real world. If youfelt offended you wouldn'timmediately go shouting to the world about how rude that person was would you? If they won't change the post you don't like then you can follow up with whatever you feel the need to.

As for the people that donated and didn't get a new "status", PM John and he'll take care of it. If you look where you do the donations it will tell you what the different money levels will get you in "status" :quirky I believe $50 gets you "campaign veteran" and $100 get's you "founders club member". Note, the donations can add up to that over time, no need for an all in one donation.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Yeah , well I already did do the PM thing and his response was it is public knowledge, so I am not reading to much into this it was done intentionally.

As for the internet, I am very computer literate and have used the internet for many years. I have a good education and I would be the first to say if I or anyone else was reading to much into something.

The status levels are not listed in a clear way and I am not the only one who has noticed this.

Regardless, this is not a good ole boys club. Losing members will not help the cause.

By the way, if you would have read the first post in this thread, I did not immediately call anyone out. As I stated, I have stewed in this for 2 days. It wasn't until my wife asked me what was bothering me, that I found out that when she made the donation it was anonymous, which is OK, but just made me more upset that I was not given a PM first asking me if at any time I had given a donation.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
What about the state researchers and other status'?
In the early days of OCDO (see my joined: date) one of the owners asked for volunteers to research our State's statutes, we 'state researchers' volunteered.

There were no particular qualifications demanded. I would gladly turn the office over to another that can write literately and grammatically but he's been driven off by the bathos[sic advisedly].

Your employ is moot unless others' is not. It's just another version of 'mine is bigger'n yours'.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Doug,
That is why I was asking about state researchers As I have not been a member as long as you I have not been able to find info on that status.

I was not insinuating that I wanted your position.

And my employ nor anyone else's is moot in the way the economy is today unless you just won the lottery.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
As I stated, I have stewed in this for 2 days....
If you want to give yourself high blood pressure and a heart attack over this.....I'm just sayin'

BTW, Doug, could you get you know who back please? I need someone to translate you for me.;)

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Brass Magnet wrote:
I need someone to translate you for me.;)
So much for education.

What was the purpose of that comment?
Education and intelligence are totally opposite of each other IMO, All education usuallymeans is that someone parents had that extra money to spend on the kid.

I know very inelligent individuals, and I know highly educated individuals. And the highly educated people are usuallynot usually the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree of life when it comes to common sense.

GlocksRfun

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Education and intelligence are totally opposite of each other IMO

I have said that many times before,But I say different instead of opposite... Same Idea though.

I picked up garbage today, can I get a title of "Master Garbage Man" ? Or something along the lines. Maybe "Garbage Guru"

And a little more on topic from me,... I think there was another time I saw you boo hooing about something. We're all like minded people, for the most part here. Kinda hard to read to much into something without seeing body posture and expressions on faces and of the such. I wouldn't say your wrong, but give people the bennifit of the doubt. I don't know what the cause of this thread was, and frankly I don't care. You've got some venting out and hopefully feel better. Now maybe concentrate on an event of some nature. I heard you were gonna do a pig roast,... when is that?

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Some of us donate money, others time researching, others time and money, and still others donate of themselves (unlawful detainment).

As long as we are all working in a positive way to advance our rights, that is sufficient.
Another way people donate is just by open carrying and getting the public to see that people can walk around with guns and not cause chaos! Then after that carrying experience, go share it with others...it helps gets those who haven't yet open carried, out carrying themselves.

I've thought about donating myself, but without a job and being a full-time student...the most I can do right now is carry a handgun every time I go shopping, and post on here.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
I have a good education and I would be the first to say if I or anyone else was reading to much into something.
The irony could be spooned out and some would still not get it.
Yeah Doug, your pretty much one of the good ole boys that sits in front of your computer insulting people and trying to use phrases and words that you don't even know the meaning of. Just because you read the statutes and research them doesn't mean you understand them.

Say what you want about education, obviously it could have helped you out.