• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What is the purpose of singling out members?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Nutczak wrote:
Education and intelligence are totally opposite of each other IMO, All education usuallymeans is that someone parents had that extra money to spend on the kid.
Do you know that our co-owners and moderators of OCDO have started second careers and are in law school for more education? You might say that they are studying to make up for their lack of intelligence but I wouldn't!

Here is the great flaw in y'all's view of gun law in Wisconsin, that it is amenable to common sense. The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Nutczak wrote:
Education and intelligence are totally opposite of each other IMO, All education usuallymeans is that someone parents had that extra money to spend on the kid.
Do you know that our co-owners and moderators of OCDO have started second careers and are in law school for more education? You might say that they are studying to make up for their lack of intelligence but I wouldn't!

Here is the great flaw in y'all's view of gun law in Wisconsin, that it is amenable to common sense. The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.
Just another quote folks from the Front Porch Law Offices of Doug Huffman

bigdaddy1

imported post

Speaking only for myself;

I have not donated any money as I have none to give. I am at least working so thats a good thing but due to the current financial state we are all in I am able to maintain my current state but there is nothing left over. Would I like to be able to donate, sure but I have other obligations that have priority. My opinion is that if you can donate thats great. If you cant dont feel like your not contributing because just by being here you are.

No1

Banned
imported post

paging cleo 229 blue light special ociffer down needs asnistance 10-86

dat deevil dogu

heh heh well said no!

No1

Banned
imported post

waal jes pluck yor magic twanger foggey

an ill pluck yor exaggravate buton

lol well said no 1

Mr. Greg

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
Speaking only for myself;

I have not donated any money as I have none to give. I am at least working so thats a good thing but due to the current financial state we are all in I am able to maintain my current state but there is nothing left over. Would I like to be able to donate, sure but I have other obligations that have priority. My opinion is that if you can donate thats great. If you cant dont feel like your not contributing because just by being here you are.
Same here. I'm a college student, and don't have the money to donate monetarily to the movement, but still want to contribute. That's why I organized the picnic last month; it was my method of contribution (And I'd have to say, despite the decrying of it by a choice few members here, I think it was a great success).

I'm actually surprised (and kind of offended) that Mike, of all people, is singling people out here in WI for not throwing money at him. That's some nerve.

MadisonRebel

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Brass Magnet wrote:
As for the people that donated and didn't get a new "status", PM John and he'll take care of it. If you look where you do the donations it will tell you what the different money levels will get you in "status" :quirky I believe $50 gets you "campaign veteran" and $100 get's you "founders club member". Note, the donations can add up to that over time, no need for an all in one donation.
FWIW, I donated 50 to 75 bucks, and received no status.

And my two cents: it was a low blow for Mike to say that about a member.

AaronS

imported post

If you have to fight over your computers, please do it in a PM. We have a big fight on our hands, and we do not need to start battling with other users. Please try to keep it on track.

I also have no money (no job)to give. So, I am getting out as much as I can. Town/City meetings, OC every place I can, handing out info to people, and the highway clean up. If all I can do is give my time, then that is what I will do. What does get me a bit sad, is the fact that a lot of users do nothing but type on a computer and think it is a show of support. We need your help, not just your text...

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

MadisonRebel wrote:
Brass Magnet wrote:
As for the people that donated and didn't get a new "status", PM John and he'll take care of it. If you look where you do the donations it will tell you what the different money levels will get you in "status" :quirky I believe $50 gets you "campaign veteran" and $100 get's you "founders club member". Note, the donations can add up to that over time, no need for an all in one donation.
Thanks - if your membership status does not chnage to show the donation, email or PM jpohn pierce and explain to him how much you gave and what email address you used - john gives credit if he correlates your email you use to give with your OCDO sign on email - and as everyone should know, if your member status is only "supporting member," that just means we are tracking you as NOT having given money but at least not one of those members so stingy they refuse to accept OCDO emails promoting open carry and our Examiner columns.

MadisonRebel

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mike wrote:
MadisonRebel wrote:
Brass Magnet wrote:
Thanks - if your membership status does not chnage to show the donation, email or PM jpohn pierce and explain to him how much you gave and what email address you used - john gives credit if he correlates your email you use to give with your OCDO sign on email - and as everyone should know, if your member status is only "supporting member," that just means we are tracking you as NOT having given money but at least not one of those members so stingy they refuse to accept OCDO emails promoting open carry and our Examiner columns.
Will do.

Still see no need to respond to someone showing enthusiasm by pointing out their monetary contributions, or lack thereof.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

AaronS wrote:
If you have to fight over your computers, please do it in a PM. We have a big fight on our hands, and we do not need to start battling with other users. Please try to keep it on track.
Ditto