Thread: First time for everything

Post imported post

Hi Everyone! I'm new here but have been following almost every thread on this forum. There's so much helpful information and interesting stories to read. I have learned so much about how to deal with questions and educating people on the correct laws of carrying firearms in Washington state. So first off, thank you everyone for sharing this information!

My first story on here will be short I suppose. I got my CPL about two months ago and have CC'ed ever since.

Yesterday was my first OC experience. I decided to try while running errands on my day off and it was great! I made sure to put on a nice pair of dockers and my pink polo so I was presentable. Later on I grabbed lunch with my g/f at a Greek place in Redmond, I got some looks but no one said anything. Afterwards I went home to do some cleaning and to catch my breath since I was still a bit nervous.

Later on I walked to pick up dinner at Mongolian Grill and passed by a Starbucks and I definitely got some looks around the area but I just went about my business without anyone saying a word.

Overall, no LEO stopped me, no worried people, and just a great sunny day. I also carried a couple pamphlets from this forum just in case I needed them.

I hope I represented all OC'ers well with my conduct and appearence.

Cheers.

Post imported post

Welcome to the wonderful world of open carry I think you'll find that negative encounters tend to be rare.

Your girlfriend didn't have a problem with you carrying openly?

Post imported post

She knows I've carried for a while CC, but it was a little bit of shocker for her to see me OC for the first time. She asked me if that was allowed and I was able to pass on a little bit of knowledge to her. She very supportive and knows how to use firearms so it's never a problem.

Post imported post

Magix wrote:
    She knows I've carried for a while CC, but it was a little bit of shocker for her to see me OC for the first time. She asked me if that was allowed and I was able to pass on a little bit of knowledge to her. She very supportive and knows how to use firearms so it's never a problem.

thats great:celebrate

Banned

Post imported post

Post imported post

You shouldn't have any trouble on the busses in Seattle. We have a few members here who ride them regularly.

Let me know if you get into downtown sometime during the week. We can grab a coffee or something...

CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Banned

Post imported post

Would love to pic your brain on open carry, but I only have free time on the weekends. You can reach me at 206-390-5200. thanks Eric.

Post imported post

Join us next weekend Saturday the 18th for Seatac (willow lake) gathering

Banned

Post imported post

I put it on my calender, I will try. Eric.

Banned

Post imported post

What time

Post imported post

seattleric007 wrote:
    What time
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...473467#p473467

Follow the thread, all the info you need is there...

"Carry On!"

Post imported post

Thanks FMCDH. I am sure this time Willow lake gathering is going to be bigger than last time.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

Manu wrote:
    Thanks FMCDH. I am sure this time Willow lake gathering is going to be bigger than last time.
    That would really be something, since we had 40+ people plus news coverage last time.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

The only issue I have with what you did was wearing a "pink Polo". And don't bother calling it Salmon color because it's still pink. :P
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi