• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First time for everything

Magix

imported post

Hi Everyone! I'm new here but have been following almost every thread on this forum. There's so much helpful information and interesting stories to read. I have learned so much about how to deal with questions and educating people on the correct laws of carrying firearms in Washington state. So first off, thank you everyone for sharing this information!

My first story on here will be short I suppose. I got my CPL about two months ago and have CC'ed ever since.

Yesterday was my first OC experience. I decided to try while running errands on my day off and it was great! I made sure to put on a nice pair of dockers and my pink polo so I was presentable. Later on I grabbed lunch with my g/f at a Greek place in Redmond, I got some looks but no one said anything. Afterwards I went home to do some cleaning and to catch my breath since I was still a bit nervous.

Later on I walked to pick up dinner at Mongolian Grill and passed by a Starbucks and I definitely got some looks around the area but I just went about my business without anyone saying a word.

Overall, no LEO stopped me, no worried people, and just a great sunny day. I also carried a couple pamphlets from this forum just in case I needed them.

I hope I represented all OC'ers well with my conduct and appearence.

Cheers. :D

FunkTrooper

imported post

Welcome to the wonderful world of open carry I think you'll find that negative encounters tend to be rare.

Your girlfriend didn't have a problem with you carrying openly?

Magix

imported post

She knows I've carried for a while CC, but it was a little bit of shocker for her to see me OC for the first time. She asked me if that was allowed and I was able to pass on a little bit of knowledge to her. She very supportive and knows how to use firearms so it's never a problem. ;)

n16ht5

imported post

Magix wrote:
She knows I've carried for a while CC, but it was a little bit of shocker for her to see me OC for the first time. She asked me if that was allowed and I was able to pass on a little bit of knowledge to her. She very supportive and knows how to use firearms so it's never a problem. ;)

thats great:celebrate

j2l3

imported post

You shouldn't have any trouble on the busses in Seattle. We have a few members here who ride them regularly.

Let me know if you get into downtown sometime during the week. We can grab a coffee or something...