Thread: Wisconsin Litter Pickup Group Picture

Post imported post

The twelve of us had a great time I thought, it was nice to putfacesand names together.

Picture was left big for all its Wisconsin Glory.

Post imported post

That is awesome. I wish I could have gone.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

Good turnout, great picture. Hope everyone had a wonderful day.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Great job guys!!

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

The complete after-action report on the litter pickup can be found here a little more than halfway down the page.

Dave

<edited to correct broken link>

Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Post imported post

Very cool should have went....

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Great work guys - maybe you should work up a little press release and send it to local press - somthing like the photos plus a semi-humorous warning like "Don't even think about littering on this road."

What's really important about the open carry movement's information campaign is that we appear to be good calm unemotional folks with logic reason and within bounds, a sense of humor, and that we care about otgher issues to, the environment, clean roads, good government, etc.

Post imported post

AR15MAN wrote:
    Very cool should have went....

We will be going back, so please feel free tosignup forthe next one, when the date is set. It was a good time. I got to see my first pink gun (Sajuuk's wife, Sayadina).

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Great job, looks like it was good time

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    Great work guys - maybe you should work up a little press release and send it to local press - somthing like the photos plus a semi-humorous warning like "Don't even think about littering on this road."

What's really important about the open carry movement's information campaign is that we appear to be good calm unemotional folks with logic reason and within bounds, a sense of humor, and that we care about otgher issues to, the environment, clean roads, good government, etc.
    I'd like to throw a press release together, but have no idea how, or who to contact onceI have it together.

I'll take any specific idea you have - teach me how to fish so then I can do it for myself.

Post imported post

ROOK_WI wrote:
    Mike wrote:

I'd like to throw a press release together, but have no idea how, or who to contact onceI have it together.

I'll take any specific idea you have - teach me how to fish so then I can do it for myself.
    I don't want to discourage you, but I think you'll find that writing a good press release is more like doing brain surgery than fishing.... It doesn't really lend itself to being "thrown together". Check this out: http://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Press-Release

Maybe you should shoot for getting one put together for our NEXT event, rather than covering old news. That would give you more time to do it. You could still use your picture by captioning it something like, "Second Amendment supporters at Our First Event".

Anybody want to help? Anybody who makes a living writing press releases? How about you, Mike?

Dave
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Banned

Post imported post

Should have had the press or the news there at the time.

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    Should have had the press or the news there at the time.
    Well, let's see; we contacted the Journal Sentinal, Fox News in Milwaukee, and every TV station in Madison. Did you have any further suggestions?
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

Banned

Post imported post

I wasn't meaning it a negative way. I was meaning that it wouldn't pay to contact them now because they really couldn't get footage of you all doing the pick up.

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    I wasn't meaning it a negative way. I was meaning that it wouldn't pay to contact them now because they really couldn't get footage of you all doing the pick up.
    We contacted all those news organizations a week before the event and they still didn't show up. That's why we're discussing doing a well-written press release to announce the next event in the hope of generating some more interest. If you have any contacts in the press, or experience with writing press releases, perhaps you'd like to help.
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

Post imported post

davegran wrote:
    J.Gleason wrote:
    We contacted all those news organizations a week before the event and they still didn't show up. That's why we're discussing doing a well-written press release to announce the next event in the hope of generating some more interest. If you have any contacts in the press, or experience with writing press releases, perhaps you'd like to help.
    The press was the olny thing that went wrong. I would love to have had ONE station (6) run a new Teds Take... Oh, and yes, all media in the metro area was informed...