• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Litter Pickup Group Picture

ROOK_WI

imported post

The twelve of us had a great time I thought, it was nice to putfacesand names together.

Picture was left big for all its Wisconsin Glory.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Great work guys - maybe you should work up a little press release and send it to local press - somthing like the photos plus a semi-humorous warning like "Don't even think about littering on this road."

What's really important about the open carry movement's information campaign is that we appear to be good calm unemotional folks with logic reason and within bounds, a sense of humor, and that we care about otgher issues to, the environment, clean roads, good government, etc.

AaronS

imported post

AR15MAN wrote:
Very cool should have went....
We will be going back, so please feel free tosignup forthe next one, when the date is set. It was a good time. I got to see my first pink gun (Sajuuk's wife, Sayadina).

ROOK_WI

imported post

Mike wrote:
Great work guys - maybe you should work up a little press release and send it to local press - somthing like the photos plus a semi-humorous warning like "Don't even think about littering on this road."

What's really important about the open carry movement's information campaign is that we appear to be good calm unemotional folks with logic reason and within bounds, a sense of humor, and that we care about otgher issues to, the environment, clean roads, good government, etc.

I'd like to throw a press release together, but have no idea how, or who to contact onceI have it together.

I'll take any specific idea you have - teach me how to fish so then I can do it for myself.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

ROOK_WI wrote:
Mike wrote:

I'd like to throw a press release together, but have no idea how, or who to contact onceI have it together.

I'll take any specific idea you have - teach me how to fish so then I can do it for myself.

I don't want to discourage you, but I think you'll find that writing a good press release is more like doing brain surgery than fishing.... It doesn't really lend itself to being "thrown together". Check this out: http://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Press-Release

Maybe you should shoot for getting one put together for our NEXT event, rather than covering old news. That would give you more time to do it. You could still use your picture by captioning it something like, "Second Amendment supporters at Our First Event".

Anybody want to help? Anybody who makes a living writing press releases? How about you, Mike?

Dave

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

I wasn't meaning it a negative way. I was meaning that it wouldn't pay to contact them now because they really couldn't get footage of you all doing the pick up.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
I wasn't meaning it a negative way. I was meaning that it wouldn't pay to contact them now because they really couldn't get footage of you all doing the pick up.
We contacted all those news organizations a week before the event and they still didn't show up. That's why we're discussing doing a well-written press release to announce the next event in the hope of generating some more interest. If you have any contacts in the press, or experience with writing press releases, perhaps you'd like to help.

AaronS

imported post

davegran wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
We contacted all those news organizations a week before the event and they still didn't show up. That's why we're discussing doing a well-written press release to announce the next event in the hope of generating some more interest. If you have any contacts in the press, or experience with writing press releases, perhaps you'd like to help.
The press was the olny thing that went wrong. I would love to have had ONE station (6) run a new Teds Take... Oh, and yes, all media in the metro area was informed...