Thread: Foul and Disgusting language here discredits your and our efforts

Post imported post

I've read some things which I don't wish to bump by addressing them on those threads.

Please take the high ground and keep your language to a level of civility that you would want your 7yo daughter or your mother to be exposed to.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bad_ace's Avatar

Post imported post

Agreed. Additionally, spelling it in a cute way (5's for S's) or self censoring with special characters ( *!$%, etc. ) Is just as bad.

And before this thread gets long discussing the 1st Amendment, let me remind people that they can always start their own forum if they don't like the terms.

~BadAce

excluding ()

Post imported post

My daughter is 14, what should I do now?

However, my son is seven, does that count?
    I can tell you've been Rady8ed, you have a nice glow about you.

Post imported post

bad_ace wrote:
    Agreed. Additionally, spelling it in a cute way (5's for S's) or self censoring with special characters ( *!$%, etc. ) Is just as bad.

And before this thread gets long discussing the 1st Amendment, let me remind people that they can always start their own forum if they don't like the terms.

~BadAce

excluding ()
    Of course, people who don't like potty words can always start their own forum aswell.

Post imported post

My mom is tough as nails and I don't have any kids.

However, discretion is important. Even though an emotional response may seem justified it's usually better to respond with intellect. Nothing pisses the antis off more than responding in a calm and cool manner with reason. This is because all they have is faulty logic and therefore will only be able to fight on an emotional level. If you're always above their level they will always lose.

Post imported post

I generally mind my tongue, but sometimes English is just too useful a language to pass up!

Post imported post

rady8um wrote:
    bad_ace wrote:

~BadAce

excluding ()
    Of course, people who don't like potty words can always start their own forum as*well.
    I believe they have, you're posting on it The forum rules are clear that profanity should be kept to a minimum, as it reflects on the larger group.

Post imported post

I believe they have, you're posting on it

Ha! Well played!!

Honestly, I do agree. Many posts are filled with language that is really unnecessary. It does not offend me personally, but dropping the F-bomb every sentence really doesn't add much to the post, and I'm sure the anti's read those posts and just assume we're just a bunch of stupid rednecks.

Post imported post

Personally I curse daily, doesn't offend me either. But reading it (unless adding color to the post) is tiresome. I think it can make us look less professional.

Post imported post

marshaul wrote:
    I generally mind my tongue, but sometimes English is just too useful a language to pass up!
    A good many years ago I heard a speaker at of all places, a college graduation, tell about how the English were so much better than Americans at the command of the English language. His primary focus was that the English using the same language could cuss you out without ever using a curse word or the average person even realizing it until later.

I always loved watching Benny Hill as his show actually should have been X-rated but since he never used any foul language no one noticed. Americans tend to use foul language as a substitute for a lck of actual command of useful words. Some college students were telling me about attending a performance by the comedian Bob Saget. They said about half-way through the show they walked out as rather then actully trying to tell jokes he just used filthy language to try and be funny. Remember this was coming from college students so you know it had to be bad.

Post imported post

Ummmm am I understanding this as a personal attack ??

Post imported post

stuckinchico wrote:
    Ummmm am I understanding this as a* personal attack ??
    Nah, if someone said, "stuckinchico, take this bar of soap and go wash out your potty mouth", then it would be a personal attack. But I haven't seen that posted... so I would have to say "no" to it being a personal attack.

I took this as more of a "if the shoe fits and you like how it looks on you" type of friendly, fellow OCDO-to-OCDO buddy kind of thing for all of us to remember... that's all.

Your mileage may vary...

Post imported post

Ahhh I still very ticked over here. Dont know if theyre actually going to let my charges stand ummm thankyou guys for the U.S v Dudley I have very cop in Chico saying that they have the right to search me for their safety... As I told a motorcop today "You do not have the right to stomp on citizens right even for your safety.... You understood those risk when you took the job