• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gas Station w/USPS

torquecnvrter

imported post

Great board!

Quick question: Every once in awhile I come accross a gas station that will offer USPS. Are these gas stations considered "federal"? Often times there is not a "seperate section" of the gas station for the postal service, but rather may be done at a regular cash register or from behind a simple counter that may be for postal sercice only. I am just curious what the law would be in these gas stations for open carry.

Thanks for the replies.

BigUgly

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Matie, Haven't you guys had your share of problems in Pine Bluffs?

Did it ever get straightened out with the LEO's about OC?

Big Ugly in Lander!

BigUgly

Founder's Club Member
imported post

As I understand it, they have to be a "Post Office" with a post master to be under the federal jurisdiction. Read Title 18, Part 1, Chapter 44, Section 930 - see subsections (a) & (d)3.

If the property is leased, I have been told that only behind the counter is 'federal'. Don't have any documentation one way or the other as yet.