• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hot Headed Bikers and Sheetz

user

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Jero1987 wrote:
.... He gets all up in my face like hes going to throw a punch....
"Assault: the unprivileged, offensive offer to touch the person of another without cause, justification, or excuse."

A class-one misdemeanor in Virginia, punishable by up to twelve months in jail and/or a $2500 fine.

If you had the reasonable apprehension of an immediate battery (i.e., the actual touch), then you were a victim of a crime, as well as a wrongful act for which you could file suit.  Perhaps you should have called the cops from inside the store, particularly since there was a witness present.

Kenosis

imported post

Jero and Jmelvin,

I am also a Lynchburg resident and I carry around town quite often. Maybe I'll see you guys around sometime, or we could arrange a meeting for lunch? I'd like to meet some more people who OC in the 'burg.

Speaking towards the OP, it seems that emotionally insecure males take offense to a clearly secure male carrying a weapon in broad view. Many males see it as threatening their masculinity because they simply don't have the kahonee's to carry or even hold a weapon.

Do not let this deter you! Think not of their immature and obviously insecure ways, focus on your rights and protecting yourself. We are all basically guaranteed some form of trouble one way or another by OC'ing, just accept this as part of the process, but also take time to educate people (as it seems you already have - mentioned in one of your other posts).

Anyways, I'm sure that I am preaching to the choir here, and you know full well what the deal is, so get at me in PM if you want to meet up sometime, I'm here all summer and the following school year.

Stay safe!