• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry

blowfish852252000

imported post

sorry about the blank post. i just signed up last night. and what i wrote sounded stupid..Well any ways I am 27 live in bellingham. I talked to the blaine police chief last night about open carry he did not know what i ment so i showed him some stuff i got off here he read it, and said OC is perfectly legal to carry a gun out in the open.. So my question is where would be the first place to go that wont be so scary.. Thank you

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Hi blowfish, I am from Bellingham but you deleted your post. If it something you wanna talk about in private PM me. We have several members in our area who open carry.

Manu

imported post

Wow a blank post...Hey buddy SVG are you coming to next willow lake meeting? if so please try to bring your those east indian friends I'll talk to them and see if we can convert them ;)

phoneguy

imported post

blowfish852252000 wrote:
sorry about the blank post. i just signed up last night. and what i wrote sounded stupid..Well any ways I am 27 live in bellingham. I talked to the blaine police chief last night about open carry he did not know what i ment so i showed him some stuff i got off here he read it, and said OC is perfectly legal to carry a gun out in the open.. So my question is where would be the first place to go that wont be so scary.. Thank you
Have a walk in a public park. Go shopping. Dress well and walk tall.

blowfish852252000

imported post

I work in blaine as a private security officer, and was talking to a co worker of mine that was in the usmc. i showed him the pamphlet that i printed off of here about open carry being legal. He said that is it good for people to practice the 2nd amendment rights but alot of people could get scared and call the cops on you. So my question as being really new to this open carry if some one does call the police how would i talk to them with out going to jail??. and how do i talk to people and what do i say about the open carry laws..

sudden valley gunner

imported post

blowfish852252000 wrote:
I work in blaine as a private security officer, and was talking to a co worker of mine that was in the usmc. i showed him the pamphlet that i printed off of here about open carry being legal. He said that is it good for people to practice the 2nd amendment rights but alot of people could get scared and call the cops on you. So my question as being really new to this open carry if some one does call the police how would i talk to them with out going to jail??. and how do i talk to people and what do i say about the open carry laws..

I have never had the Cops called on me yet and I carry just about everywhere I go. I get mostly positive comments and questions, wich seems to come in waves some days nothing some days "are you a detective". I obviously don't dress like a cop....lol. I usually answer in one of a few ways."Washington state is an open carry state" for those who seem totally unaware, or for those a little knowledgable that it is, " if I don't who will" adding that I know of several others in our county who open carry too. If you are nervous let me know when you have free time. We can set up an impromptu open carry meet at a Starbucks or somewhere.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Manu wrote:
Wow a blank post...Hey buddy SVG are you coming to next willow lake meeting? if so please try to bring your those east indian friends I'll talk to them and see if we can convert them ;)
I have to see about that weekend, I would like to come. I had fun last time. I will talk my freinds and see if they want to come. Next time you are up this way on the way to Canada or something let me know. Or just stop by Bakerview AM/PM they own that and the storage unit across the street.

blowfish852252000

imported post

wow that is a very interesting story about how cops think they can do that i would have been scared but i am new to this just a rookie but i guess it will be trial and error in the future so have to be polite and tell them i am doing nothing wrong unless the private property wants me to leave??

Manu

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Manu wrote:
I have to see about that weekend, I would like to come. I had fun last time. I will talk my freinds and see if they want to come. Next time you are up this way on the way to Canada or something let me know. Or just stop by Bakerview AM/PM they own that and the storage unit across the street.
Sure I'll try to do that but usually when ever I go that way I usually start late and come late night too. I just came back lastnight from BC after spending 4 nights in Surrey.