• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why no stickies?

Oscarr

imported post

Why are there no general info or FAQ threads stickied here? The FAQ forum has only one post, and it's about formatting your posts. And 'The Law Library' has some general info, and state-specific info for only 2 states.

Why not some LA-specific stuff posted and stickied here? (Facts only obviously, opinions kept out.)

jnmtwo

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Oscarr wrote:
Why not some LA-specific stuff posted and stickied here? (Facts only obviously, opinions kept out.)
Good question. LouisianaCarry has some good info/ref on his site. That would be a usefulsticky that's LA specific.

CaptainDan

imported post

Jerry McBride wrote:
Oscarr wrote:
Good question. LouisianaCarry has some good info/ref on his site. That would be a usefulsticky that's LA specific.
I second that, Louisiana Carry has EVERY LAW pertaining to fire arms in Louisiana. You will find EVERY awnser to Every question in that arena. All the laws printed up in my desk came from his site.

Oscarr

imported post

And maybe a list of common acronyms too, took me a few posts to figure out what RAS and a few others meant. That just comes with time though, using it etc, but it'd still be nice to have a list for new comers to see and know what they're reading, context doesn't always explain it.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
And every time you read one of those "laws," replay article 1 sec 11 of the state constitution, ask yourself, "how can that "law" possibly exist?

Because that little line you like to spout does not mean that no other laws can be passed. hence current concealed carry laws.

imported post

If anyone were to actually read article 1 sec 11, they will (maybe) learn it DOES allow for CC laws.

It does NOT allow for any "laws" violating the right to OPEN CARRY, which also happens to be the name of this site.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

If anyone were to actually read article 1 sec 11, they will (maybe) learn it DOES allow for CC laws.

It does NOT allow for any "laws" violating the right to OPEN CARRY, which also happens to be the name of this site.

You are correct. I was simply an example of a law. Your previous post said "any of those laws" could be.

But thank you for proving yourself wrong on that point.

you always post that, but in case you haven't noticed, that is a broad topic, and there are other areas of this board devoted to topics not directly related to open carry.

Furthermore, when talking about open carry, subjects like concealed carry, leo, knives, laws, etc., may come up, and are related in context.

imported post

There are LOTS of sites devoted to pro-life. While the word "abortion" is quite often mentioned, that in no way can be construed to mean the site supports abortion.

There are sites devoted to very specific subjects. If someone wants to swap info with other likeminded folk on a wide variety of subjects, there's a site just for them.

Why persons known to be anti-OC are even here in the first place doesn't make sense.
They are not here to learn about becoming involved in promoting or "supporting" OC.
Quite the opposite.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

There are LOTS of sites devoted to pro-life. While the word "abortion" is quite often mentioned, that in no way can be construed to mean the site supports abortion.

There are sites devoted to very specific subjects. If someone wants to swap info with other likeminded folk on a wide variety of subjects, there's a site just for them.

Why persons known to be anti-OC are even here in the first place doesn't make sense.
They are not here to learn about becoming involved in promoting or "supporting" OC.
Quite the opposite.

While perhaps there are people like you describe here, I am most certainly not one of them, although that is what you state in other posts and appear to insinuate here.

While I am sure you find no value in a single post I have made, others have. SO until you start your own site and ban those who do not support your warped(in my and many others opinions) views of the world, and further attempt to suppress people's 1st Amendment rights, I will continue to post.

As long as you and others who post refrain from personal attacks and blanket statements, I will do the same.

imported post

In case you haven't picked up on it yet, I couldn't care less what YOU and YOUR kind think. Period.

The fact MOST everyone else's views are opposite mine explains why this once-great country is in the condition it is today.

Warped? For statists, yes, I'm sure it appears that way.

Next time ya'll want to know who's responsible for this mess, I suggest the nearest mirror.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

In case you haven't picked up on it yet, I couldn't care less what YOU and YOUR kind think. Period.

The fact MOST everyone else's views are opposite mine explains why this once-great country is in the condition it is today.

Warped? For statists, yes, I'm sure it appears that way.

Next time ya'll want to know who's responsible for this mess, I suggest the nearest mirror.

So you are the lone voice of reason, and every other gun owner on this board and others who does not want to bury 250 legislatures and police on heir property, and who does not believe they can kill a LEO for what THEY consider to be an unjust interaction, and those who listen to country, support the men and women risking their lives for this country( no matter what state it may currently be in), those who respect his country's foundation and do not refer to it as Amerika, and those who understand a certain amount of law is necessary to avoid chaos, and even those evil people who drive pick up trucks.....

All those people are wrong, but you are right?

Come on man, be reasonable.