• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hello

Pistol Teacher

imported post

Hello to all new to MOC, Thanks.

I OC from time to time for going on 30 years. I am a member of the NRA, MCRGO,MGO andnow MCO. I want to thank everyone for the great info. I currently am a firearms instructor in the Rifle Shotgun & Pistol Disciplines. I am also certified to teach reloading and Home Firearms Safety as well as a NRA Certified RangeSafety Officer. I teach the Michigan Concealed Pistol License courses throughout Michigan, mainly in Genesee County. I enjoy volunteer work as a MDNR Hunter & Bow Recreational Safety Instructor. It is great fun passing on the knowledge to young hunters. I am a avid outdoorsman hunting the Iosco county area.

Thank You

Karl Collyer

Linden, MI

www.PistolTeacher.com

info@@PIsolTeacher.com

Michigander

imported post

Always great to have more CPL teachers sign up! We NEED more CPL teachers who can spread the word about OCing, particularly to their students.

Please invite any other CPL instructors you know to stop by this forum as well. :cool:

As I've now said many times, CPL teachers and MOC can and should have a very symbiotic relationship. Open carriers are better off for legal protection with a CPL, and CPL holders have more rights when they open carry. Plus, it's nice for CPL holders to know that their friends can open carry, and when in a restricted area like a liquor license establishment or a car, the CPL holder can just take temporary possession of his friends gun.

office888

imported post

Michigander wrote:
Always great to have more CPL teachers sign up! We NEED more CPL teachers who can spread the word about OCing, particularly to their students.

Please invite any other CPL instructors you know to stop by this forum as well. :cool:

As I've now said many times, CPL teachers and MOC can and should have a very symbiotic relationship. Open carriers are better off for legal protection with a CPL, and CPL holders have more rights when they open carry. Plus, it's nice for CPL holders to know that their friends can open carry, and when in a restricted area like a liquor license establishment or a car, the CPL holder can just take temporary possession of his friends gun.
Well put!

Welcome to the forums.

-Richard-