• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First O.C. encounter with L.E.O.

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

I went to the county fair last night and watching the truck tug-of-war. I was minding my onbusiness when two deputy sheriffscame up and asked what I was doing there. (note : This was not said with any smart a** tones.)I responded with I was there with my wife and her family. they said that was fine and it was my right and said for me to have a good night.

Around about 7-10 mins. later another deputy comes up on my right and asks the same question with the same results left me with you have a good night. This all took place in a park with signs in every entrance saying no firearms. I finished watching the tug-of-war and left with no issues . This all happened in Scott Co. The police here are known to be on the stiff lip side but there are some that are friendly and easy to get along with. I'm pleased to say this was not a bad experience.

:celebrate

8th ID

imported post

Now, that is a good day out.:)

A few of us got together yesterday (6/27 Sat.) for an OCbreakfast at Cracker Barrel in Lexington. And you and the Scott County Park came up in conversation. Liberty4Ever suggested that maybe we should have an OC event at your park:shock:. But maybe now we won't have a need to do that.

One question: I do wonder how many other people were asked what THEY were doing at the fair?

Stophel

imported post

Excellent!

Although I rarely openly carry, myself, around here, if you're ever stopped by a deputy, it's probably just because he's curious and wants to see what kind of gun you're carrying!

:)

I think in most places, Law Enforcement Officers are informed about the state recognizing the right of individuals to openly carry arms. I'm sure that in some places, like in the cities, there will be somebody that doesn't know, or doesn't care, and just wants to harass you, but even so, there's legally nothing they can do, as long as you're not trespassing or doing something else they can haul you in for.

8th ID

imported post

gutshot wrote:
Have you heard anything more about the signs? Why was the county fair held in the park? Maybe the sheriff's office is aware that the rules can't be enforced. How about an OC picnic in the park this summer? Good work on your part.

I emailed the Scott Co. Judge the statutes and Attorney General opinions on prohibiting guns at parks and who can really pass such laws. He responded the next day with something like-All the signs have had the "No Guns Allowed" statement removed.

Got to The Pulse Of KC3 and you can read his actual statement. I've already deleted the email, but did post it at kc3 beforeIdeleted it . It will be in the comments section under Anonymous.

He addressed me by 'Ron":celebrateMy name is Jeff. Go Figure!!!

KY_CCDW

imported post

8th ID wrote:
Got to The Pulse Of KC3 and you can read his actual statement. I've already deleted the email, but did post it at kc3 beforeIdeleted it . It will be in the comments section under Anonymous.
Are you the 'Chaz" from KC3?

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

I'm going today to check the signs to verify if they actually did take the " NO firearms" off . I will try and up load the pics later. If they did :celebrateIf they didn't:cuss::banghead:. I will try something else.

kentuckyshiner85

imported post

I went last night to check the park for the signs and THEY HAD BEEN REMOVED !! woohoo. sorry just a little excited. I would like to wish everyone a Happy 4th . carry on !:celebrate