Thread: How gun control really works

Post imported post

From "Australian Shooter" Magazine ...

An interesting letter in the Australian Shooter Magazine this week which says, I quote:

"If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq theater of operations during the past 22 months, & a total of 2,112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers."

"The firearm death rate in Washington, D.C. is 80.6 per 100,000 for the same period. That means you are about 25% more likely to be shot & killed in the U.S. capital, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the U.S., than you are in Iraq."

Conclusion: "The U.S. should pull out of Washington D.C.."

That makes sense... :celebrate

Post imported post

LOVE IT!!
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Regular Member Washintonian_For_Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

Pull out and use the scorched earth policy.
    Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. ~ George Washington

State Researcher

Post imported post

Except the death count is about twice that for the US. http://icasualties.org/Iraq/index.aspx

Post imported post

Omg I love this I really want the person who wrote the article to come to kent state and give these hippies some good old "get on my knee and I tell you a story talk".
    It suprises me that in a place where people were massacred people would go unarmed????
    I lived in Ft Belvoir and went in to DC to the Army hospital since my brother has scoliosis every day and when you went outside it was a war zone.The irnoy of the treasury is that the homeless live on the steps? If you stop paying the people who are causing the problem then you have more money as a country to helpothers become clothed armed and fed peoples.

Post imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
    Except the death count is about twice that for the US. http://icasualties.org/Iraq/index.aspx
    Except for the OP said the last 22 months. Not the entire campaign.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40