• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How gun control really works

5jeffro7

imported post

From "Australian Shooter" Magazine ...

An interesting letter in the Australian Shooter Magazine this week which says, I quote:

"If you consider that there has been an average of 160,000 troops in the Iraq theater of operations during the past 22 months, & a total of 2,112 deaths, that gives a firearm death rate of 60 per 100,000 soldiers."

"The firearm death rate in Washington, D.C. is 80.6 per 100,000 for the same period. That means you are about 25% more likely to be shot & killed in the U.S. capital, which has some of the strictest gun control laws in the U.S., than you are in Iraq."

Conclusion: "The U.S. should pull out of Washington D.C.."

That makes sense... :celebrate

Bustelo5%

imported post

Omg I love this I really want the person who wrote the article to come to kent state and give these hippies some good old "get on my knee and I tell you a story talk".
It suprises me that in a place where people were massacred people would go unarmed????
I lived in Ft Belvoir and went in to DC to the Army hospital since my brother has scoliosis every day and when you went outside it was a war zone.The irnoy of the treasury is that the homeless live on the steps? If you stop paying the people who are causing the problem then you have more money as a country to helpothers become clothed armed and fed peoples.