• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great Article on the Baillio Incident

imported post

The truly sad aspect of this is it's not an isolated situation, but a widespread pattern of how "they" think and act.
And worse yet, it's done with the knowledge and consent of most Louisianians.
What further proof is needed we now live in a POLICE STATE?

smoking357

Banned
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
The truly sad aspect of this is it's not an isolated situation, but a widespread pattern of how "they" think and act.
The sadder point, which you referenced, is that most Americans prefer our police state to freedom.

Oscarr

imported post

Oh ya, I've seen lots of things that make you go "what the ****?!, why aren't people getting outraged by this?!" -- not just gun related stuff, but many things. My theory is we're (sadly) living in a society were a lot, not all, but a lot of people just don't care about anything bad happening unless it affects them or someone they know directly. As long as they still have cable TV, food, and a roof over their head they just don't care...

At least it seems that way.

imported post

It's not that it SEEMS that way, it IS that way.
Case in point: for decades, I've brought matters to the attention of the media, the very people who should be reporting these incidents.
99.99999% of the time, the media ignore them. I usually close our conversations with these words.
"When something like this happens to YOU and YOURS, then and only then will it be a headline story, for days."
Not sure of your age, but you're miles ahead of the curve compared to the average schmuck over on bayoushooters.com.

Oscarr

imported post

I'm 29. It may sound bad but to a degree I kinda HOPE they keep doing things, violating our rights, and do it in a major way to upset people and cause an uprising (not necessarily violent, unless needed, but at least people getting involved and active and giving a damn). The alternative is they slowly nickel and dime us, chipping away at rights, slowly but surely, and then we turn into another Europe. Makes me think of the whole boiling a frog slowly thing...

As for the news, pfft, CLEARLY michael jackson is far more important than anything else going on in the world.

Edit: This prolly isn't the forum to start talking about non-firearm related politics, and I can gurantee most people would not agree with my ideas of what needs to be done hehehe. I'm at school now but I'd be interested in talking with you in private messages later.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Oscarr wrote:
I'm 29. It may sound bad but to a degree I kinda HOPE they keep doing things, violating our rights, and do it in a major way to upset people
Won't happen. The show "Cops" is a running call to arms, and people can't get enough of it.

This country's Puritanical origins will damn it. Americans hate their neighbors and love to see the government employed to inflict harm on those they hate.

This is an anti-freedom place.

imported post

Whether it's OC'ing or whatever, MOST Amerikans seem to attack anyone exercising ANY right which may be unorthodox/uncommon.
I guess when someone DOES such, it shows up the rest of them for what they are: cowards. And THAT is why they attack others for simply exercising a right.

Oscarr

imported post

Ya but that just goes back to my point of, if it doesn't affect them DIRECTLY, they don't care. When I say "a major way" I mean things like out right banning ownership of all firearms, period. Of course, even then there may not be enough people that care, I'd have expected people to be vehemently against state-run health care, and wide scale amnesty for illegals, etc etc... yet here we go...

Edit: This reply was for smoking357
Edit 2: Geez I gotta get back to class lol. Leaving early today too, gotta go and try to find some ammo for my .44 magnum, weeeee.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Case in point: for decades, I've brought matters to the attention of the media, the very people who should be reporting these incidents.
99.99999% of the time, the media ignore them. I usually close our conversations with these words.
"When something like this happens to YOU and YOURS, then and only then will it be a headline story, for days."

Sadly, Mark is correct about this - and it occurs with other subject areas as well, not just gun rights. With the advertising incoming drop due to the current recession, this may even get worse as newsroom budgets and staff sizes shrink as a result. The only stories that get covered will be the easy ones or the ones that have the kind of mass appeal that Jackson's death generates.

We've seen this very thing happen with some news organizations blandly parroting the information they are sent in news releases without bothering to check their facts (which is supposed to be journalism 101).

imported post

Knowing what XD GEM just stated, I went the extra mile with some media outlets.
I offered to have PROFESSIONAL JOURNALISTS prepare news stories/articles in whatever format they desired, I'd even personally sell ads to help cover the expense of running a story.
No deal.
They're not interested in the truth no more than the folks on bayoushooters are.
It would conflict with their perception of reality.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I once pitched a story idea to a friend of mine who is a TV sports producer. I told him about the Cowboy Action shooting matches in Folsom. He was intrigued and wanted to do the story. I thought it was good from the standpoint that it would show gun owners doing something fun and family-oriented and would provide some interesting video opportunities.

When he pitched the idea to his superiors, they squashed it because it would tie up a crew for too long to do the story.

(HUGE SIGH)

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

Not sure of your age, but you're miles ahead of the curve compared to the average schmuck over on bayoushooters.com.

Now mem, what did this thread have to do with BayouShooter. ARe you so upset that there is such a large community of people who do not by your rhetoric, that you must take every conceivable attempt to defame them?

Thanks for the ad though.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

Oscarr wrote:
Ya but that just goes back to my point of, if it doesn't affect them DIRECTLY, they don't care. When I say "a major way" I mean things like out right banning ownership of all firearms, period. Of course, even then there may not be enough people that care, I'd have expected people to be vehemently against state-run health care, and wide scale amnesty for illegals, etc etc... yet here we go...

Edit: This reply was for smoking357
Edit 2: Geez I gotta get back to class lol. Leaving early today too, gotta go and try to find some ammo for my .44 magnum, weeeee.
I agree hat most of society is so self-centric that if it does not have an impact, a significant impact , on their daily lives, then it does not register.

You hit the proverbial nail on the head.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

Knowing what XD GEM just stated, I went the extra mile with some media outlets.
I offered to have PROFESSIONAL JOURNALISTS prepare news stories/articles in whatever format they desired, I'd even personally sell ads to help cover the expense of running a story.
No deal.
They're not interested in the truth no more than the folks on bayoushooters are.
It would conflict with their perception of reality.

Again, who other than you brought up BayouShooters.com in this thread.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

I really don't understand why Mark brings out so much anti-Americanism. Mark advocates the pure classical Liberal ideology of limited government and maximum Liberty.

When did such ideas become distasteful?

You people need to take the quiz and be honest about what you are:

http://www.politicalcompass.org

My results:

pcgraphpng.php

sandman

imported post

we have always lived in a police state with out it you are living in anarchy.

sandman

imported post

Most historians claim the American revolution was fought by 3% of the population.
Expecting a majority is not necessary.
I can not find this fact pleas show us where this came from besides your ass