• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great Article on the Baillio Incident

Oscarr

imported post

jimmyb wrote:
mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Most historians claim the American revolution was fought by 3% of the population.
Expecting a majority is not necessary.
I can not find this fact pleas show us where this came from besides your ass
I'd imagine the answer came from his fingers as he typed it, unless he typed it with his ass, in which case that's pretty impressive. (See, I can be a sarcastic smartalec too!)

As for facts:

According to this: http://www.census.gov/Press-Release...cts_for_features_special_editions/001798.html
the population was 2,500,000

According to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolutionary_War
we had 20,000 regulars and 230,000 militia for a total of 250,000

250,000 of 2,500,000 is 10%

Of course this is wikipedia, and mark may be getting his numbers from another source, either way, it's still a small percent.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

jimmyb wrote:
The truly sad aspect of this is it's not an isolated situation, but a widespread pattern of how "they" think and act.
And worse yet, it's done with the knowledge and consent of most Louisianians.
What further proof is needed we now live in a POLICE STATE?
we have always lived in a police state with out it you are living in anarchy.
Is that so? How many people do the police murder, beat, rape, torture and extort in an anarchy?

Since anarchy implies an absence of government, and since police are governmental actors, the answer would be 'zero.'

Downside?

Oscarr

imported post

The problem is most people use the word "anarchy" to mean rampant chaos. Kinda like the word "assault weapon", it's used to invoke fear.

I'm more for a pure democracy, we have the technology these days to make it viable. Just need a populace that is interested in voting and caring about what's going on.

sandman

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
jimmyb wrote:
The truly sad aspect of this is it's not an isolated situation, but a widespread pattern of how "they" think and act.
Is that so? How many people do the police murder, beat, rape, torture and extort in an anarchy?

Since anarchy implies an absence of government, and since police are governmental actors, the answer would be 'zero.'

Downside?

I am truly sorry to hear that the Police beat and raped you. Jist how big was the billy club that was used. Other than you I have never meet one. As for me when the police tell me to stop or laydown or hop on one foot that is what I am doing to not get beat tazed or maced.

Oscarr

imported post

jimmyb wrote:
I am truly sorry to hear that the Police beat and raped you. Jist how big was the billy club that was used. Other than you I have never meet one. As for me when the police tell me to stop or laydown or hop on one foot that is what I am doing to not get beat tazed or maced.
So you'll do what the police tell you to, no matter what it is? (Is that what you're implying, with the hop on one foot thing?) Just looking to clarify.

sandman

imported post

Oscarr wrote:
jimmyb wrote:
Most historians claim the American revolution was fought by 3% of the population.
Expecting a majority is not necessary.
I can not find this fact pleas show us where this came from besides your ass
I'd imagine the answer came from his fingers as he typed it, unless he typed it with his ass, in which case that's pretty impressive.
I think he uses his ass to think with allso

sandman

imported post

Oscarr wrote:
jimmyb wrote:
So you'll do what the police tell you to, no matter what it is? (Is that what you're implying, with the hop on one foot thing?) Just looking to clarify.
to not get beat tazed or mased at 6 foot something and 300 and something pounds I kinda make some people neversice( and I cant spell)

smoking357

Banned
imported post

jimmyb wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
jimmyb wrote:

Downside?

Another gun owner far to the Left of Obama.

We all need to obey orders of armed governmental agents,
F
OR FREEDOM!

This Independence Day, be a real American, and celebrate your obedience to the government.

american_flag.jpg
youtube-video-police-brutality.jpg

sandman

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
jimmyb wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
jimmyb wrote:

Downside?

Another gun owner far to the Left of Obama.

We all need to obey orders of armed governmental agents,
F
OR FREEDOM!

This Independence Day, be a real American, and celebrate your obedience to the government.

american_flag.jpg
youtube-video-police-brutality.jpg
so you was raped by the Police. why dont you and mark take your guns pick a Police Station (any one will work) Stand outside and haller F you to them and shoot your guns in the air. Call the news before you go so thay can get it all on tape. The world would be a better Place after yall show the Police State we live in. TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM.

sandman

imported post

I am all for ocing I just think after reading a lot of stuff on here Frick (MEM) and frack(SMOKING GOOD STUFF) make all of the rest us look bad because thay want to be a bunch of retards.( in my option)

smoking357

Banned
imported post

jimmyb wrote:
I am all for ocing I just think after reading a lot of stuff on here Frick (MEM) and frack(SMOKING GOOD STUFF) make all of the rest us look bad because thay want to be a bunch of retards.( in my option)
Ah, "Retard," that third-grade epithet hurled at one who writes in clear and concise composition by one who struggles to evidence completion of that pedagogical strata so referenced. Stinging invective, that.

Boys, if anything puts "us" in a negative light, it's the anti-intellectual, anti-freedom, hateful, violent, belligerent, jingoistic, uncultured, Country Music, pickup truck, pro-cop, pro-military worldview evidenced by so many Southern and rural posters here that is so noxious to most of America and almost all the world.

Of the two of us, only one stands a chance of being offered a friend's spare tickets to the Chopin recital. Further, only one of us would have a friend with Chopin tickets.

sandman

imported post

smoking357 wrote:
jimmyb wrote:
Ah, "Retard," that third-grade epithet hurled at one who writes in clear and concise composition by one who struggles to evidence completion of that pedagogical strata so referenced. Stinging invective, that.

Boys, if anything puts "us" in a negative light, it's the anti-intellectual, anti-freedom, hateful, violent, belligerent, jingoistic, uncultured, Country Music, pickup truck, pro-cop, pro-military worldview evidenced by so many Southern and rural posters here that is so noxious to most of America and almost all the world.

Of the two of us, only one stands a chance of being offered a friend's spare tickets to the Chopin recital. Further, only one of us would have a friend with Chopin tickets.
Did anybody understand the babble of the mentally chalenged something about it being wrong to be southern rural drive a truck bla bla. He still hasnt denied being raped by the cops with a night stick.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
jimmyb wrote:

WOW. So all those people, who listen to country music, support their military, follow the laws, and drive a truck, are anti-American?

If anyone had any doubts to your lack of sound mental facilities, I am sure you just cleared that up.

You sir, are a true Amerikkkan. Way to go. :uhoh:

derf

imported post

It is sad if you need an internet quiz to tell you who you are and/or where you stand.

Please post pics of you OCing at the Chopin recital. This is all about OC and you are a die hard OCer, right? How does the holster look with symphony attire? I guess you have to carry a Glock if it is black tie or tails. Or, would something chrome accent your cufflinks?

IA-Pro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

smoking357 wrote:

I'm only maybe half these things. I'm jingoistic, uncultured, a Country Music fan, a pickup truck driver, and have a pro-military worldview. Where does that put me?

redneck%20w%20a%20gun.jpg

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

Well, pro-military puts you directly opposite a society based on real freedom and respect for the liberties of persons here and abroad.
Really don't understand how country music comes into this discussion, though.

Sorry, those comments were from the mouth of your protegee' smokingcrack24/7

IA-Pro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, pro-military puts you directly opposite a society based on real freedom and respect for the liberties of persons here and abroad.
Really don't understand how country music comes into this discussion, though.
IMHO, my pro-military stance puts me IN LINE with a society based on real freedom and liberty. It's how that military is used that may be in question here.