• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great Article on the Baillio Incident

Oscarr

imported post

So, out of curiosity, any chance of getting this thread back on topic? As in, how do you feel about the shreveport mayor's stance? What can/should we do about it?

I encourage you if you get time to listen to the recording of the phone call.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

IA-Pro wrote:
mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Well, pro-military puts you directly opposite a society based on real freedom and respect for the liberties of persons here and abroad.
Really don't understand how country music comes into this discussion, though.
IMHO, my pro-military stance puts me IN LINE with a society based on real freedom and liberty. It's how that military is used that may be in question here.
Actually, no. Pro-military is a very Leftist idea.

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Oscarr wrote:
So, out of curiosity, any chance of getting this thread back on topic? As in, how do you feel about the shreveport mayor's stance? What can/should we do about it?
You mistakenly assume there is a "we" here. Not everyone on this board is on the same team. A great many agree with the Mayor and would, if allowed, beat you into oblivion for thinking otherwise.

Oscarr

imported post

I do have to ask though, how is pro-military a leftist idea? Every liberal I know is anti-military and think any situation can be talked out.

I'm pro-DEFENSIVE-military/militia. People that train with modern technologies to defend us if we're ever under attack. But I'm against using our military to advance the agenda of whoever happens to be in charge at the time in foreign countries. Let's mind our own business unless they come to us ASKING for help first, then let the people vote if they want to help.

But seriously, I don't have a clue about how to fly a stealth fighter, how to build precision guided bombs, missile detection/defense networks, etc etc - we need people that do and are, to be able to defend our country from attacks by other countries. If all we had was everyone walking around with handguns (which would be damn sweet), that's not gonna do much when China or whoever decides to nuke us.

jnmtwo

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Oscarr wrote:

Mayor had it right, show your papers at a traffic stop. Most everything else was wrong, including speeches to the grads.

Oscarr

imported post

Jerry McBride wrote:
Oscarr wrote:

Mayor had it right, show your papers at a traffic stop. Most everything else was wrong, including speeches to the grads.
Yup, you have to show your papers - but the guy that was stopped was never even asked to show ID/insurance/registration, he was OUTSIDE of his vehicle, the cop asked him if he had a gun, he said yes, the cop went over to his unoccupied vehicle, opened the door, and took the gun out. Is that legal?

As for the mayor, saying that cops have more power than the president of the united states... yeesh, that's pretty out there to me.

IA-Pro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
IA-Pro wrote:
Well, pro-military puts you directly opposite a society based on real freedom and respect for the liberties of persons here and abroad.
IMHO, my pro-military stance puts me IN LINE with a society based on real freedom and liberty. It's how that military is used that may be in question here.
Actually, no. Pro-military is a very Leftist idea.
Can't... go... on...

Has anyone thought of posting a glossary of OC and other terms used here? Me thinks my definition of pro-military is different than theirs.

jnmtwo

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nolacopusmc wrote:
smoking357 wrote:
jimmyb wrote:
I am all for ocing I just think after reading a lot of stuff on here Frick (MEM) and frack(SMOKING GOOD STUFF) make all of the rest us look bad because thay want to be a bunch of retards.( in my option)
Ah, "Retard," that third-grade epithet hurled at one who writes in clear and concise composition by one who struggles to evidence completion of that pedagogical strata so referenced. Stinging invective, that.

Boys, if anything puts "us" in a negative light, it's the anti-intellectual, anti-freedom, hateful, violent, belligerent, jingoistic, uncultured, Country Music, pickup truck, pro-cop, pro-military worldview evidenced by so many Southern and rural posters here that is so noxious to most of America and almost all the world.

Of the two of us, only one stands a chance of being offered a friend's spare tickets to the Chopin recital. Further, only one of us would have a friend with Chopin tickets.

WOW. So all those people, who listen to country music, support their military, follow the laws, and drive a truck, are anti-American?

If anyone had any doubts to your lack of sound mental facilities, I am sure you just cleared that up.

You sir, are a true Amerikkkan. Way to go. :uhoh:

Oscarr

I re-read the thread and my opinion is I'm not going to make it much longer.

The oldest daughter totaled my Dodge Ram while listening to country music. My youngest daughter is a cop and my wife and I are both former military. I'm a southerner who has no friends that will use chopsticks.

Oh, and XD-GEM -------- :)

Oscarr

imported post

Jerry McBride wrote:

Oscarr

I re-read the thread and my opinion is I'm not going to make it much longer.

The oldest daughter totaled my Dodge Ram while listening to country music. My youngest daughter is a cop and my wife and I are both former military. I'm a southerner who has no friends that will use chopsticks.

Oh, and XD-GEM -------- :)
Heheheh I hear ya ;)

sandman

imported post

nolacopusmc wrote:

Sorry, those comments were from the mouth of your protegee' smokingcrack24/7
psssst there the same person

derf

imported post

My $0.02 on the topic:
It is my understanding that if you are stopped for a traffic violation you are technically under arrest. The summons (ticket) is issued in lieu of a trip to jail and you are released. The mayor may misunderstand this to read "your rights are suspended". They are not. But, while under arrest a LEO has the right to disarm you.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

derf wrote:
My $0.02 on the topic:
It is my understanding that if you are stopped for a traffic violation you are technically under arrest. The summons (ticket) is issued in lieu of a trip to jail and you are released. The mayor may misunderstand this to read "your rights are suspended". They are not. But, while under arrest a LEO has the right to disarm you.

That is exactly correct.The only traffic violation that is not jailable is no seatbelt. Stop sign, redlight, expired MVI, TECHNICALLY you could go to jail. Almost never happens unless the violator is a total dick. Up to officer discretion. Some jurisdictions have a policy about what rides and what does not. Depends on local jail occupancy. I know where I work, traffic alone does not go to jail.

imported post

There you have it, an OFFICIAL admission if a "law enforcement officer" doesn't like you, you go to jail. It has NOTHING to do with the rule of law, it's how "they" operate.

Didn't someone in an earlier thread try to explain an OC'ers attitude was a basis/justification for being jerked around?

sandman

imported post

There you have it, an OFFICIAL admission if a "law enforcement officer" doesn't like you, you go to jail. It has NOTHING to do with the rule of law, it's how "they" operate.

Didn't someone in an earlier thread try to explain an OC'ers attitude was a basis/justification for being jerked around?
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::banghead::banghead::banghead:

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

jimmyb wrote:

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::banghead::banghead::banghead:
LOL. i like his Sweeney persona better too. A least as Sweeny, he completely makes stuff up instead of trying to twist words.

he is a funny little man. Funny, funny little man,.

sandman

imported post

nolacopusmc wrote:
jimmyb wrote:

LOL. i like his Sweeney persona better too. A least as Sweeny, he completely makes stuff up instead of trying to twist words.

he is a funny little man. Funny, funny little man,.
I dont understand how someone can be so closed minded. MEM wake up and smell the coffee man do you really want to go back to the old west and I am not talking about carrying I am talking about lawness. Society without law is nothing.

IA-Pro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Am I missing something here? Why the hell would we have laws that for "stop sign, redlight, expired MVI, TECHNICALLY you could go to jail.".

After looking at some state laws, this doesn't seem to be the case. I reviewed RS 32:123 & 32:1301. Can local government jail you for these types of "offenses"? And if so, what the hell sense does that make? :banghead:

Oh, and p.s. If I'm technically under arrest during a traffic stop where a ticket is issued, I'd like to have the miranda warning read to me. Since it's not, I don't think I'm under arrest. I think this is total b.s.