• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Great Article on the Baillio Incident

imported post

LOL, now HERE's something I have tremendous firsthand experience with.
When I sued DMV for a driver's license with NO social security number, the nazi cops came out of the woodwork.
They would literally wait for me to leave the house so they could give me ANOTHER ticket for expired driver's license.
After finally tromping DMV in court, I got a letter to come get my license, which I did.
They STILL refused to obey the court's decision.
Instead, that very afternoon, on a Friday,not one, not two, not three, but FOUR Baton Rouge city cops, ALL from third district only, ambushed me on my drive home.
The ONLY reason I didn't spend the entire weekend in parish prison was because it was full !!!! They DID take my truck, though.
Yep, there are LOTS of "law enforcement officers" who lust for power, LOVE to bully others with it. Sound like anyone on THIS board?

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

IA-Pro wrote:
Am I missing something here? Why the hell would we have laws that for "stop sign, redlight, expired MVI, TECHNICALLY you could go to jail.".

After looking at some state laws, this doesn't seem to be the case. I reviewed RS 32:123 & 32:1301. Can local government jail you for these types of "offenses"? And if so, what the hell sense does that make? :banghead:

Oh, and p.s. If I'm technically under arrest during a traffic stop where a ticket is issued, I'd like to have the miranda warning read to me. Since it's not, I don't think I'm under arrest. I think this is total b.s.

irst of all, you can be arrested for any offense not expemted by law.

Secondly, Miranda only applies if you are asked questions that ar intended to be used in court. I have arrested many people for drug possession and never read then Miranda, testified in court that I never read them Miranda, and they got time. i never read them Miranda, because I never asked them any questions. had I not read them Miranda, asked them questio n, then thse answers would not have been admissable in court.

many people who watch too much CSI or law and order think everyone arrested must be read Miranda...not the case. Miranda is simply designed to advise the suspect of their 5th ammendment right to self incrimination. no questions, equals no incrimination.

the place I worked before my current one allowed arrests for any offense arrestable. many people went to jail for speeding, suspended DL, etc. The ticket is an option. granted, there are much more vile people that the jail space is used for, hence the reason while I typed in big bold letters, TECHNICALLY. Meaning, it could happen, but probably will not.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
When I sued DMV for a driver's license with NO social security number, the nazi cops came out of the woodwork.
They would literally wait for me to leave the house so they could give me ANOTHER ticket for expired driver's license.
After finally tromping DMV in court, I got a letter to come get my license, which I did.
Instead, that very afternoon, on a Friday,not one, not two, not three, but FOUR Baton Rouge city cops, ALL from third district only, ambushed me on my drive home.
The ONLY reason I didn't spend the entire weekend in parish prison was because it was full !!!! They DID take my truck, though.
Yep, there are LOTS of "law enforcement officers" who lust for power, LOVE to bully others with it. Sound like anyone on THIS board?

man, so all of these officers had nothing better to do than to pick on poor memmy? I mean really, your dillusion have already proven themselves.

SO praytell, what was your logic for not wanting SSN on your DL? Or was that just the current way for you to get money at the time to spend on crossdraw holsters instead of your sick wives medical needs?

derf

imported post

LOL, now HERE's something I have tremendous firsthand experience with. When I sued DMV for a driver's license with NO social security number,
I appreciate that. Thank you. You and I agree on that: We don't need our SSNs on our DLs. I am not sure of your motives, but I like not having my SSN on my DL. I also like not having my fingerprint on my DL.

the nazi cops came out of the woodwork. They would literally wait for me to leave the house so they could give me ANOTHER ticket for expired driver's license. After finally tromping DMV in court, I got a letter to come get my license, which I did. They STILL refused to obey the court's decision. Instead, that very afternoon, on a Friday,not one, not two, not three, but FOUR Baton Rouge city cops, ALL from third district only, ambushed me on my drive home. The ONLY reason I didn't spend the entire weekend in parish prison was because it was full !!!! They DID take my truck, though. Yep, there are LOTS of "law enforcement officers" who lust for power, LOVE to bully others with it. Sound like anyone on THIS board?
Cops are people. There are good people and bad people. There are good cops and bad cops. I don't know nolacop. But, my opinion is that if he or any other LEO was here with an anti-OC agenda they would be doing more to "fit in" and gain confidences.

And, cops do target known offenders. You will know when you meet a real dirty cop. They don't play games. They will find that packet of meth you didn't know you had and charge you with intent to distribute. I'm just sayin....

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

derf wrote:
LOL, now HERE's something I have tremendous firsthand experience with. When I sued DMV for a driver's license with NO social security number,
I appreciate that. Thank you. You and I agree on that: We don't need our SSNs on our DLs. I am not sure of your motives, but I like not having my SSN on my DL. I also like not having my fingerprint on my DL.

the nazi cops came out of the woodwork. They would literally wait for me to leave the house so they could give me ANOTHER ticket for expired driver's license. After finally tromping DMV in court, I got a letter to come get my license, which I did. They STILL refused to obey the court's decision. Instead, that very afternoon, on a Friday,not one, not two, not three, but FOUR Baton Rouge city cops, ALL from third district only, ambushed me on my drive home. The ONLY reason I didn't spend the entire weekend in parish prison was because it was full !!!! They DID take my truck, though. Yep, there are LOTS of "law enforcement officers" who lust for power, LOVE to bully others with it. Sound like anyone on THIS board?
Cops are people. There are good people and bad people. There are good cops and bad cops. I don't know nolacop. But, my opinion is that if he or any other LEO was here with an anti-OC agenda they would be doing more to "fit in" and gain confidences.

And, cops do target known offenders. You will know when you meet a real dirty cop. They don't play games. They will find that packet of meth you didn't know you had and charge you with intent to distribute. I'm just sayin....
LOL,

Thanks a lot. Now his alter ego Sweeney will say I planted rugs on him. WTG. :lol::lol:

derf

imported post

nolacopusmc wrote:
derf wrote:

LOL,

Thanks a lot. Now his alter ego Sweeney will say I planted rugs on him. WTG. :lol::lol:
Well, I didn't say anyone would get shot "resisting" and have their OC weapon placed in their hand. I'm just sayin that if the cops are really out to get you there are some that will.

Is he from India? Why are you planting "rugs" on him?

Oscarr

imported post

I don't have my SSN on my license either, but there was no hassle about it. It was as easy as telling the lady behind the counter at the dmv "don't print my SSN on there please". My reasoning: If I lose my wallet that's one less piece of personal info someone WONT have access to use in identity theft.

Also going back to the original topic: I understand if you're in your vehicle when you get stopped, you can be disarmed for safety. But in THIS incident, the guy was OUTSIDE of his vehicle, and the cop went over to his vehicle, opened the door (without permission), and took the gun. Wouldn't this fall under illegal search and seizure?

Oscarr

imported post

Oscarr,
The reason it was no big deal was because I paved the way for you and everyone else. AFTER I forced DMV to obey the law, both state and federal law changed, basically making it a moot point.
As so this wasn't a recent incident then?

sandman

imported post

How many of them gave you hassle about open carry at that time.

nolacopusmc

Banned
imported post

Oscarr,
The reason it was no big deal was because I paved the way for you and everyone else. AFTER I forced DMV to obey the law, both state and federal law changed, basically making it a moot point.

All hair the attention whore. Thank you for your selfless sacrifice and making sure we are all aware of it.