Thread: live radio oc vs cc ohio news

Post imported post

Post imported post

only caught the last half, seems they have a officer on there who is anti oc who said if he sees it he will stop you no matter what and that avg citizens should not be able to oc and they need regulated cc if anything.
    the oc advocate john pierce i think it was questioned the legality of a stop for just OC as its not just cause for a stop or alarm

ayaube I think it was been on many shooting shows and what not seemed to be on the you need training and even the mention of medical training before you even carry.

id say a step in the wrong direction.

Post imported post

I caught the last few minutes of the show in time to get the closing arguments, both of the other guests (Massad Ayoob, and I believe AG Richard Cordray. ETA: it wasn't the AG, but a Sergent from the Cleveland PD.) basically summed it up by saying it was a bad tactical decision by resulting in MWAG calls, and tieing up valuable police resources, and setting the stage for a bad confrontation between LEO and OC.

I guess they plain ignored the fact that that only reinforces the idea that the departments should better train their officers.

That may be due to me missing the majority of the show, but that's what I got from their statements.

Post imported post

This link was posted in the other thread. the show can be listened to here.

http://bfa.cros.net/FirearmsForum-2009-06-28.mp3

It would be a good show to archive. The sergeant who was on the show is Tommy Shoulders of the Cleveland PD. The archive would come in handy in case Sergeant Shoulders were to detain someone for OC since he stated he would detain someone for it.