• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just a reminder about Jim Doyle

AaronS

imported post

Was just looking over Doyles web site and see that he is still at the same old stuff. He told us on TV that we can open carry, but at the same time he is doing his best to get 66.0409 killed. This is a copy from his site.

Empowering Local Communities to Ensure Public Safety

In 1995, the state Legislature passed the preemption law – erasing all local ordinances related to firearms and denying cities, villages, towns and counties from enacting any new laws that would be more restrictive than the state statutes. As Attorney General, Governor Doyle strongly opposed this legislation – seeing the significant threat it posed to the safety of cities like Milwaukee. To keep Wisconsin residents safe, the Governor is proposing a rollback of the preemption law to give cities like Milwaukee the flexibility they need maintain order and keep their citizens out of harms way.

Yea, it is so sad that he will not look at any real stats about open carry. I guess thats why he is going to lose his job soon!