• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

link to non-shooting zones in pierce and kitsap county?

deanf

imported post

Try the Pierce County GIS site. You can zoom in and turn the no-shooting layer on and off. May be something like that for Kitsap but I'm not familiar with it.

I just noticed that the PC GIS app is not 100% accurate. For example, all of the Tacoma tide flats and NE Tacoma within the city of Tacoma appear to be shooting-OK areas, which I'm certain are not.

kparker

imported post

deanf,

Since shooting is banned by the Tacoma Municipal Code (with certain exceptions), and by just about every other municipality, you can just consider any incorporated area a no-shoot zone, can't you?

Skycries57

imported post

http://matterhorn.co.pierce.wa.us/Publicgis/presentation/map.cfm?Cmd=INIT&ExtentLeft=1039884.14&ExtentRight=1439548.45&ExtentBottom=486202.65454&ExtentTop=787726.45546

I've found this and I'm there in the upper left corner just a tad bit under that "small horizontal red line" by wrightbliss and 136th and it looks like I'm ok to shoot, red means "no shooting" I guess, but is it limited to just hand guns or rifles too?

I have lots of friends in Kitsap county that cannot find anything as well on a map like this for their information.