• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Black Hawk Serpa users

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

scampbell3 wrote:
To add my .02,

If you are worried about wear marks on a particular handgun....then do not carry it.
Any holster WILL, over time, wear on the finish.

My G19 is very well worn from many many years of carry in leather and serpa holsters. I carry it to defend myself. I do not carry it to look pretty. My Glock is not a gun bench queen. I have many fine firearms that I will not carry for the reason of keeping them looking good.

My suggestion...find a good reliable handgun (GLOCK) to carry daily and understand that the activities of carrying will wear on the finish no matter what you do.
In the end, it is not how it looks...it is how it shoots when needed.

Carry a reliable firearm, and practice, practice, practice....

Carry on!!! (leave the bench queens at home)
I'll agree with you on almost everything... except for your Glock comment...:p

scampbell3

imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
scampbell3 wrote:
To add my .02,

If you are worried about wear marks on a particular handgun....then do not carry it.
Any holster WILL, over time, wear on the finish.

My G19 is very well worn from many many years of carry in leather and serpa holsters. I carry it to defend myself. I do not carry it to look pretty. My Glock is not a gun bench queen. I have many fine firearms that I will not carry for the reason of keeping them looking good.

My suggestion...find a good reliable handgun (GLOCK) to carry daily and understand that the activities of carrying will wear on the finish no matter what you do.
In the end, it is not how it looks...it is how it shoots when needed.

Carry a reliable firearm, and practice, practice, practice....

Carry on!!! (leave the bench queens at home)
I'll agree with you on almost everything... except for your Glock comment...:p
How 'bout this intead..."My suggestion...find a good reliable handgun (INSERT DESIRED HANDGUN MODEL) to carry daily and understand that the activities of carrying will wear on the finish no matter what you do.
In the end, it is not how it looks...it is how it shoots when needed". :D

:quirky

lol.

As always, stay safe, and carry daily

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

No problem here, I just take my belt off and hang it up at the end of the day, gun stays in the holster.

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Just picked up a Serpa today for my Taurus 1911 all black finish. I bought it used and it already had some holster wear, but now that ya'll mention it, I had to look and I can definitely see it, in fact, the previous owner might just have carried in a serpa!
I didn't buy the gun forits looks, so I'm not too worried about it, but I did think about moleskin before I even dropped it in. But I must say that I really like it! It rides well and draws well!